• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maximize Compatibily

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of error is this? What do I do to stop getting this type of error?

image00389.png

Only get this error on either closing photoshop CC or maybe saving a project. I don't know I save the current project only when I close photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Hi

In Preferences > File Handling you can choose whether to Maximise compatibilty with other versions when saving PSD/PSB files. If you are using PSB files with Lightroom, for example, then this must be set to on.

The settings in Preferences are "Never" , "Always" or "Ask". It looks like you have it set to "Ask".

Personally, I just set it to "Always"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In Preferences > File Handling you can choose whether to Maximise compatibilty with other versions when saving PSD/PSB files. If you are using PSB files with Lightroom, for example, then this must be set to on.

The settings in Preferences are "Never" , "Always" or "Ask". It looks like you have it set to "Ask".

Personally, I just set it to "Always"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not an error. An error would stop things from working. It's a warning, and (it seems to me) pretty self explanatory. Can you let us know which parts of the words are not clear to you, so we can help you understand the reason for the warning...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On reflection it isn't even a warning. It's a perfectly normal CHOICE box. In the choice there is one option, and a warning that applies if you turn it off. What makes you feel it is an error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advise is to keep it set to Always in Preferences.  It  might save you frustration and wasted time in the future when something just doesn't work, and there is no obvious reason why not.  I once spent several hours tracking down such an  issue with Displacement Maps, for instance.  They will not work unless  Maximise Compatibility is turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One big disadvantage to Saving with Maximize Compatibility is the file size can be doubled at times.

Maximize Compatibility saves a composite (flattened) image along with the layers of your document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines