Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mismatch Pattern on Pattern View

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've created many patterns using Adobe Capture on Photoshop. All good and work great (i.e. seamless) until I use the "Pattern View" option. In that view, the patterns are not seamless at all. Does anyone know what's going on there? Is there a workaround?

I'm imagining if I send the PNG version to someone who doesn't use Photoshop or is not design-software savvy (i.e. he/she just copies and pastes the PNG file next to each other), he/she would have to do so many steps to match the tiles. I would like to avoid that if possible.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot attached. To apply the pattern, I simply click the pattern from the library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done a further test. But first, I have to clarify that the view's name is "Pattern Preview" not "Pattern View".

This is what I did:

1. I saved the pattern as PNG in 1:1 dimension.
  2. Opened it on Photoshop and saved it as a new pattern.
  3. I opened a new file and applied the pattern (step 2 above).

The result is not seamless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you bothered reading what View > Pattern Oreview does? 

Quote from 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/pattern-preview.html

»Once you enable Pattern Preview, you'll notice the workspace area outside of the canvas boundary will repeat the contents on the canvas.«

So if the canvas you applied a seamless Pattern to does not have the same pixel dimensions it naturally will not be seamless anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines