Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse cursor lag when hover toolbars

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've encounter a problem in the new version (23), when I use my mouse and hover the different toolbars (the upper and the bars on both sides), many times the mouse cursor seems very laggy.

I use i7-9700K cpu with 2070super gpu, and 32gb ram. All drivers are updated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the mouse cursor lagging. Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I've noticed that other adobe programs sometimes have that issue, and I found the reason eventually -

Apperantly it was an issue with G-sync, when disabling G-sync thing work smoothly.

So I disable it while working on Adobe programs, and then turn G-sync back.
But I hope this issue will be addresst by Adobe, I've learned online that it's a common issue with the latest versions of adobe (started around September).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me.

With g-sync on, whenever the cursor enters the toolbar on the left or the panels on the right the cursor would drop to (what looks like) 5 fps for a few seconds and my screen would very slightly dim. Disabling g-sync fixes it.

Asus 1440p 144hz monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@raphaelb43313781

@davids98980608 

For the sake of clarity, can you explain what g-sync is please?  A quick Google suggests it is to do with particular monitors, or is not related to the monitor and part of the nVidia driver?  I suspect this is goinf to affect other people, so it is good to give them as much info to work as we can.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

g-sync is a Nvidia technology that syncs the GPU and the monitor refresh rate to reduce/remove tearing. Lots of videos online that show what it does. It's particulally helpful in games, less so on the desktop.

So if you have a Nvidia GPU, go into the gforce experience app and find gsync and turn it off. It instantly fixed my cursor lag when moving the mouse outside of the main area of photoshop onto the tools or windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm G-sync was the problem. As soon as I turned G-sync off everything was fine. Have had the same problem as described above. I was particularly annoyed at first when I switched to a PC I invested a lot of money in, from a Gaming Laptop. Had a dual monitor set up and usually have videos playing on my second monitor while I work. The videos on my second monitor would lag/ drop fps almost simultaneously with the dropping of fps on the main monitor. I guess gsync really is something thats better used for gaming. 

CPU - Ryzen 9 5900x

GPU - EVGA  RTX 3070 GAMING FTW3

RAM - G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64G (16GB x 4) 
MOBO - ASUS ROG STRIX X-570 E Gaming

Monitors - 2 x Asus Predator XB1 (XB271HU)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about the mouse cursor lagging. 

By @Sahil.Chawla

I see this in Photoshop 24.0 and 23.5.3. To solve it i did as others said, iow disabling Nvidia G-Sync and that solved the issue.

There must be something else but G-Sync alone. I had a Nvidia Titan X (Pascal) and replaced it a couple of days ago with a Nvidia RTX A5000 and this is when i discovered this issue. With Nvidia Titan X (Pascal) using the 517.40 Studio Driver the problem did not exist. Now with the Nvidia RTX A5000 using either the R515 U4 (517.40) or the R525 U1 (526.67) driver the issue is very present.

Why is that and is a fix on it´s way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The culprit is indeed G-SYNC however G-SYNC should not work for windowed apps like Photoshop if I have following settings enabled:

simons52710075_0-1657791949345.png

If I enable exclusion for Photoshop the real fun starts, for every refresh cycle my monitor changes G-SYNC from off to on.
simons52710075_1-1657792340473.png

Do not do this.

I dont know if the problem lies with NVIDIA drivers or Photoshop but I would say latter because this was not a problem until recently with the same driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to confirm that I am still having this issue with PS 24.4.1 and the latest Nvidia studio Driver 531.61 on my RTX 4090.. disabling G-sync for windowed applications did not fix the issue. The only fix was either disable G-sync entirely or disable the Graphic Hardware support in Photoshop preferences, neither are ideal! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines