Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move actions from Photoshop CS6 to Photoshop CC 2017

Participant ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

I have Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC 2017 installed on my computer.

I am trying to figure out how to get my custom actions from CS6 into CC 2017. I did a search on my OS for any .atn files and I am not able to find my custom actions anywhere. I can see the custom actions in my action panel in CS6 but I cannot find where they are stored on my os. Does anybody have an idea for me to try? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

I believe that R_Kelly was thinking of:

Mac:

/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop ??? Settings/Actions Palette.psp

Win:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop\???\Adobe Photoshop ??? Settings\Actions Palette.psp

However I would manually save out each individual action set to a new .atn file from within your old version of Photoshop so that you have a proper backup copy of the individual actions, rather than trusting that your .psp file will never be reset or corrupted etc. H

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a windows system look in

C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Presets\Actions

mac

/Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Presets/Actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that R_Kelly was thinking of:

Mac:

/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop ??? Settings/Actions Palette.psp

Win:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop\???\Adobe Photoshop ??? Settings\Actions Palette.psp

However I would manually save out each individual action set to a new .atn file from within your old version of Photoshop so that you have a proper backup copy of the individual actions, rather than trusting that your .psp file will never be reset or corrupted etc. Having a backup of both .psp and .atn files can’t hurt, however only having the .psp is living life dangerously! Why? Clear/reset the the actions palette with no backup of your .atn or .psp file and you have lost all of your actions! If you have the individual .atn files they can always be manually loaded back in, shared with other users etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you folks!

This is very helpful and I got my actions transferred. Yippee!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines