• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move in degree of visual angle

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have images of faces and I need to avert eye gaze to the left and to the right. For the sake of standardization in my experiment, I need to know the degree of visual angle of the averted gaze (e.g., averted by 0.29 degrees). Is there anyway to edit the Move tool so that it moves a selected area of the eye by degrees of visual angle instead of pixels? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the eye gaze, you might try using the Neural Fiter (Filter > Neural Filters) for Smart Portrait. In the Featured section, it includes a slider for Eye direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for your suggestion. I have tried the neural filters, however, there is no indicator of how many pixels or how many degrees of visual angle the slider changes the eye gaze direction. The numbers on the slider do not include a unit of measurement to indicate what the slider means. Further, when I use the neural filter, it applies non-realistic eyes on top of my photo. Suggestions are appreciated for a manual approach that would allow me to know exactly how many pixels/degrees of visual angle gaze was manipulated related to direct gaze!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I doubt it. The move tool is linear and real eye motion is on a curve. To look realistic, you have to change the shape of the iris along with moving it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines