• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving a custom workspace to another computer does not work

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Photoshop with the TK6 Actions Extensions on a desktop, and I wish to duplicate my workspace on my laptop.  I found the .psw file by: C>users>John>Appdata>Roaming>Adobe>Adobe Photoshop 2019>Adobe Photoshop 2019 Settomgs>Workspace (and Workspace Modified).  I copied and pasted both the .psw file in Workspace and Workspace Modified from the desktop to the laptop. However, the workspace layout is not correct on the laptop.  I can of course manually build the workspace on the laptop, but I should not have to do this.

What steps am I missing?  I don't have experience syncing through the cloud and I'd be concerned that if I worked, it might go backwards and put the workspace from the laptop onto the desktop.

Thanks in advance, John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

I understand. I don't know why your presets are not showing up for the Export/Import Wizard, and can't seem to dig up any reliable information. Best to bite the bullet and recreate the space on your target PC.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the screens of your laptop and desktop computers have the same pixel dimensions? (edited)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't think so, but when I have done this in the past, it has worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Edit > Presets > Export/Import Presets?

Select the Workspace you want, use the ">" to move it to the right window. When you click on Export Presets, you can choose or create a Folder to store the Preset(s) in and copy it to your other PC. Then you open the Import Presets tab, select that folder and the Workspace inside and it should properly install.

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 11.32.06 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that, but I've read that PS CC 2019 does not allow export of workspace layouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jrwilkie50  wrote

I'll try that, but I've read that PS CC 2019 does not allow export of workspace layouts.

This Import/Export wizard is from CC 2019 Mac edition, so it should be there in Windows and you should not have to manually do this. I will be the first to admit things do cross thread no matter what, so a rebuild will have to be Plan B if that fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, rebuild was my Plan A, sub 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I tried, when I select Edit>Presets>Export/Import the Export option is blank, no presets to export.

thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if this sounds obvious, but did you save the custom workspace and give it a name?

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 8.16.14 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand. I don't know why your presets are not showing up for the Export/Import Wizard, and can't seem to dig up any reliable information. Best to bite the bullet and recreate the space on your target PC.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!!! Thanks sooo much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

a recent update deleted my workspaces. This helped me get them back. Weirdly they were in the correct folder but just not showing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with Photoshop 2019. I moved to a new PC, imported all presets, however the desired Workspace did not appear in the "Workspaces list". I tryd pasting the file to C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings\WorkSpaces (Modified), - a path I found here, but that didnt work either. I try'd pasting the .psw file to C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings\WorkSpaces and it solved the problem. Maybe you already tryd it... if not, you should give it a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for 2021 paste it here:

%AppData%\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings\WorkSpaces

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I tryd pasting the file to C:.....Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings\WorkSpaces (Modified), .... but that didnt work either. I try'd pasting the .psw file to ....Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings\WorkSpaces and it solved the problem.

Ah, that still works for CC 2023... I just cpies the workspace form teh release to Beta versions.

Thsi should  still be doable using /Edit/ Presets as formerly...

Richard

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you jrwilkie50

This saved me a bunch of work. I hated that it wasn't an item that was synced in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines