• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving folders to a new page

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am doing compositing and for some reason are having problems moving an existing shot to a blank file.

I have the original shot at like 5 x 7 and want to put it on a 10 x 8 blank sheet, so that I have blank space all around to play with.  But my original 5 x 7 shot when moved fills (and distorts) to fit the 8 x 10 space.  I have also tried not moving and using the canvas the image size to do this.  I haven't had this problem before.  Can anyone tell me how to restrict the dimensions of the first image when moving to a new blank space?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe process of moving. It will be also useful to post screenshot with actual problem and Layers panel visible.

What you mean by restrict dimensions? Copy/paste is always copying and pasting pixels without any thought about resolution difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably because the resolution of the incoming image is (much) higher than your blank document.

An image can only have one resolution. So when you place an image with a different resolution it will adapt to the receiving document and thus scales up (or down).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What technique are you usinb when moving layers between these two documents? This would help us

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines