• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Page PDF Question

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have created a calendar in Illustrator that is going to be printed. The printer requires that all layers be flattened and submitted via PDF. The Illustrator document is 28 pages (art boards). When I save it as a PDF and open it in Photoshop, Photoshop opens each page as a separate document. What am I doing wrong here? And how do I have the PDF just be all in the same Photoshop document? Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible to open multipage PDF document in Photoshop as layered document or as separate artboards what you may expect. The only way is to use Place command to get all pages, one by one, on separate layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default47js4jgivq45 wrote:

And how do I have the PDF just be all in the same Photoshop document?

Hi

If you don't need to work in Photoshop, then when you Save As > PDF in Illustrator, turn off the checkbox to create layers. You can flatten from the Layers panel menu.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/layers.html

If you do need to work in Photoshop and if you have Photoshop 2022, there is a new feature:

• Illustrator: Select artwork and copy
  • Photoshop: Paste > select Layers > OK

This will keep everything in layers in the same Photoshop document. When finished, save the PSD with layers, then make a copy and Export it to PDF from Photoshop.

1BCC2AD7-CCC5-4A23-8A0E-11AFBB0F8FF7.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you needing to open it in Photoshop? Illustrator can save flattened PDFs without of Photoshop bring involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know that. So illustrator can flatten everything to an image? Do you have a link for that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not really flattened to an image. Fonts are still fonts,for example, not pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@default47js4jgivq45 

Your first post said the layers needed to be flattened and now you are saying everything needs to be an image. These are two different things, so confirm with the print shop what they want.

If you need an image, you can export to jpeg from Illustrator.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines