• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple User profiles, same person sharing

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a student at two institutioins. To keep these worlds logical and sortable for myself, I have each data on a different user ID on my MBPro. I would prefer to keep my work separate as much as possible to prevent accidents and confusion. Is something like a User ID possible in PShop, considering I'm the same student?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean two user accounts for the same CC account on the same MBP, I see no problem. That's still one license per machine. Just like any program installed for all users on your MBP, each account keeps separate user data and separate user configurations for that one program. You simply switch users.

I hope that clearly answers your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that I won't have all of my pictures accessible via PShop, just the ones that the logged-in MBP user has uploaded (that's what I'm looking to enable)? If not, can I configure deparate user IDs for Pshop? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct, each user account would have their own personal folders to keep their uploaded/edited images separate from yours'.  That is how you keep your edits separate from others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, no matter which User is logged in, when I open PShop, I can see all of my other profiles' pictures. 

Mac profile 1: uploaded pics to PShop

Mac profile 2: can see those pics in PShop

I don't want to see these pics and/or the "recent" list of the other Mac profiles. Are we saying the same thing? How do I get my PShop to stop displaying the pics another profile was working on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, that upload was done a year ago, before I had different profiles. Should I delete and start fresh from specific profiles to keep them distinct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try File menu  > Open Recent Files > Clear File List to clear the file list and see if that helps.

I checked what I mentioned by switching to an old user account. Photoshop 2022 only shows recent files for just that account and not the other. I open Home files on my computer, not Cloud Files (Your Files). If it's Cloud or  Your Files, both accounts will see them.  Home refers to files saved under each account on your computer, One account should not see the other's files. Personally I don't use the Home Screen, I work from the Recent File List.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines