• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My CS6 Photoshop will not save files as jpg. It saves as Photoshop copy instead.

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CS6 Photoshop has stopped allowing me to save any files as jpg files. When I try to change from a Photoshop file to a jpg file and save it will only save as a Photoshop copy and not a jpg.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Does your document have any layers?

Try flattening the file first or check flatten in the dialog box. Confirm that is not the issue before we look for other solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your image mode set to?

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 1.54.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes my files are RGB at 8 bits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to do a save as for a Photoshop file and change to jpg it says the file is a copy.psd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean it adds those to the filename? Just take them off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save as a jpg the file name does not change to "filename.jpg" instead it changes to "filename copy.psd"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you do to select JPEG format in the Save dialog? You can't just type .jpg in the filename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have a Photoshop file I have been working on and then I do a "save as". Then in the dialog box in the pull down I select jpg and the file name then does not change to .jpg it changes to copy.psd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your document have any layers?

Try flattening the file first or check flatten in the dialog box. Confirm that is not the issue before we look for other solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try making sure your Photoshop cs6 is updated. I have experienced this problem many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.  My work-around has been to delete the copy.psd and replace it with .jpg.  But I just tried 3 times to obtain an update, and get the same message that the server may be offline.  Any other ways to look for an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version do you have today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, psd saves as fake jpg with "copy.psd" extention. I save them a lot and I have to change them manualy every single time. This is depressing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a Stamp (shift+ctrl+alt+e) and then it worked 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lower part dont have it checked  Save: As acopy  only as Layers

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank-you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines