• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My default brushes are gone

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wanted to ask if theres a way to get my default brushes in Photoshop back? I downloaded : ''Kyle's Sample Brush Pack'' a few days ago, but now that I want to go back to Photoshop's default brushes they're gone! They're not in my library either. Please help.

6143da2959f372c2efe7de046342f705.jpg

I have Photoshop (24.1.1)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

When you say you have checked your library, what was the file path to that library?

Have you checked the options in the brush panel?  I like to use the right click panel (with brush tool selected, right click anywhere in the document window).  Click on the little cog icon in the top right corner, and the groups not in the main panel area should be available there.  When you delete a group from the main panel, they are still available from the library.

Note: I have just noticed that my groups a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you check replace, rather than append?

Can you post the contents of the brushes panel? check in its local menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, not sure if this is what you meant? I sadly cannot change my PS language in any way so im just a tiny bit confused as to what I should do 😕 sorry for the trouble

6143da2959f372c2efe7de046342f705.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the panel in the right column, what is the name of the group of Brushes  you are in? The latest default Brushes sys include some Kyle brushes. Click on the hamburger menu on the top right of that panel to load brush sets, reset brushes, and load legacy brushes sets (the ones that came with older versions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you have checked your library, what was the file path to that library?

Have you checked the options in the brush panel?  I like to use the right click panel (with brush tool selected, right click anywhere in the document window).  Click on the little cog icon in the top right corner, and the groups not in the main panel area should be available there.  When you delete a group from the main panel, they are still available from the library.

Note: I have just noticed that my groups are doubled up and I don't know why.

image.png

The other thing to check is previous versions.  The file path below is for Windows 10

All Photoshop file locations can be found here

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

As you can see, there are all the previous version that were installed on your system since the last OS install.  When I installed the current version, I had to drag the brush groups from the previous version Presets folder, to the current one.

image.png

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!

I got all of my brushes back 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines