• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MY PHOTOSHOP WON'T OPEN

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop will not open at all. I am "renting" the creative suite, and every sonce the second month things have not ben going properly. I need my photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Can you try using the Creative Cloud cleaner and remove PS.

Reboot the machine and try reinstalling PS.

Use the CC Cleaner Tool for installation issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 153 Replies 153
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.

My shortcut target looks like this:"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5\Photoshop.exe"

From your earlier post, it looks as though yours does too. It is correct. So in this case continue to work with jbm007.

I just wanted to put my answer out there because it was easy and should have been obvious to me, but I missed it.

If you open your Creative Cloud application and use the photoshop cc "open" button there, does it work? If not, then you've differently need to stick with the Adobe support.

Call their 800 number, They'll work through it with you. I've done it before and they were very helpful. Be prepared to let them remotely control your machine. (ie put away personal information) [not that they would steal it, but why leave yourself open.]

Good luck. They'll get you going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jbm007

Sorry for late reply.

My problem is with programs not starting at all without any error messages. I keep my machine without restarting for days and the problem seems to be that once I close Photoshop I can't open it again. Just nothing happens.

Steps to get the issue:

1. Open Photoshop
  2. Close Photoshop
  3. Open Photoshop again - it won't open, nothing happens, I don't even get the splash screen. (I don't do it immediately, I wait even hours to lets Windows finish its bits)

What I do at this moment is open Task Manager find Photoshop.exe process and force close it. After that Photoshop opens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe a few weeks ago because My Ps was not opening on my Windows 10 machine. It worked when first installed as Photoshop cc 2015. When the 2015.5 update occurred it opened once or twice then stopped. I was on the phone with an Adobe tech for 45 minutes to an hour, while she went through the possible problems. Nothing worked (she had control of my machine). Then at the last second, she did something and it worked. I think even she was surprised. Adobe Bridge CC 2015 stopped working. At that point she said I would get a call from a Higher Authority. That sounded interesting, to say the least. The next day I did, in fact, receive a call from an Adobe tech. He went in and repaired the Microsoft Visual C++ files.That seemed to have everything running and everything is still running.

I am glad to see that Adobe tech help is so responsive, but something is clearly wrong when so many different problems crop up from a release and it takes tech support to go into the individual machine and fix them.These were not the type of fixes that could be intuited or fixed by your average user. Telling users to reinstall or repair files such as MS Visual C++ files is not something most would know how to do. Detailed instructions would be required. Mistakes on the part of the user could be disastrous. That is not acceptable.

Thank you Adobe techs for fixing my machine. Adobe, fix the bugs before release!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These were not the type of fixes that could be intuited or fixed by your average user. Telling users to reinstall or repair files such as MS Visual C++ files is not something most would know how to do. Detailed instructions would be required. Mistakes on the part of the user could be disastrous. That is not acceptable.

Thank you Adobe techs for fixing my machine. Adobe, fix the bugs before release!

Since when is repairing Microsoft's C++ files which many many apps require to run on their OS a Adobe bug?

So you are saying they should fix issues that have been created on a customers machine by the customer or by their operating system?

Do you realize the out cry there would be if Adobe started correcting things on your machine so their apps would work properly a machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" Since when is repairing Microsoft's C++ files which many many apps require

to run on their OS a Adobe bug?"

When the Adobe software does not function on a fully functioning OS.

My pc was running flawlessly before the upgrade. Why did the Adobe upgrade

require anything to be changed on my machine? The 2nd tech seem to know what

the flaw might be. Why did the Adobe software require the change when none

of my other software did? Full beta testing would have uncovered this

problem with the PS and Bridge upgrades

"So you are saying they should fix issues that have been created on a

customers machine by the customer or by their operating system?"

Neither the customer nor the OS caused this problem. Everything else worked

(including Lightroom 5, Photoshop CS4 and Adobe Bridge). I get automatic

updates from Microsoft. The Visual C++ files needed to be repaired - damaged

by the upgrade?

They should make sure that their software does not cripple a functioning

machine so that their own software does not work.

The upgrade was not fully tested.

Again, I am glad the techs knew how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now i am having an open issue...

I have a CC account but my photoshop wont open... these error message comes up...
Anyone who can help me in this what should i do??

Thanks in advance

ps.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to command prompt and R- click " run as administrator"

A dos window will pop up.

at the prompt type   sfc /scannow

This will allow windows to do a system check to see if you have any corrupt system files.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Still will not open photoshop

Mike Lamb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try installing this service pack.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Also in case it is a user permissions issue.

Try creating a new user and running PS from the new user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so..i have done as you said...and it found no errors...
i have even tried to uninstall PS and the setup again...still opens the same error windows...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem is with windows, not PS

Can you post a screen shot that shows just your Microsoft Visual C updates that are install

I think you may need update 3

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated the M.Visual from that link, still comes with this error message...but now its MSVCP120.dll that is damaged or something

sorry i am no computer geek, but i thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is ok. Now thanks

2016. gada 21. okt. 22:59, "arnarg6505151" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

rakstīja:

MY PHOTOSHOP WON'T OPEN created by arnarg6505151

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/arnarg6505151> in *Photoshop General

Discussion* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/9083481#9083481>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visual C++.jpg
Here is the list of C++

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on my MAC.  When I try to open photoshop it tells me:

The last time you opened Photoshop it unexpectedly quite while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen it's windows again?

I then hit reopen and the program shuts down again and gives me the same message.  I shutdown my computer and tried again, I tried task manager and couldn't figure it out? Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than spend a lot of time reading these posts and trying to fix this by yourself, I suggest that anyone having this problem, which I also had recently, simply go to the Adobe website at www.adobe.com and request a chat with a technician.  It is a complex problem and difficult to fix by oneself.  The computer tech can then set up a remote control of your computer and fix the problem, which for me, as apparently for others, involved corrupted Windows OS files, namely the Microsoft Visual C++ files.  It took the Adobe computer tech person about one hour to fix the problem on my computer, which was done by repairing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 and 2013 files.  He said that these files had probably become corrupted due to Windows Updates.

To get tech support, go to www.adobe.com, select "menu" then "learn and support" then get support/start now, then go to bottom of page and under "contact us" click "start now" and then enter your product name and request the online chat option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, there!

I had the exact same issue!

Turns out there's both a newer and older version of Photoshop on your computer (at least there was for me); the version we're opening is the older version and the computer doesn't want to open it. If you go to the file where the Photoshop app is...

(Right click > open file location) and open the newer version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went on the folder and yes I have both folders 2015 and 2017 but the older version is just 78mb so I believe it's not installed.

what you mean by

"(Right click > open file location) and open the newer version of Photoshop."

I tried to open the exe but it gives me the same error

thanks anyway for your info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I worded things in a confusing way... Here, let me screenshot this for you.

I searched for my Photoshop program.

Part1.png

Then, when I right click it, it gives me the option to open the file's location. Hit that.

Part2.png

Then I just opened the 2017 version of Photoshop.

Part3.png

If that doesn't work, I noticed someone gave the advice to run it as an administrator. But that is all I did.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help but no joy I am lucky that I won a surface and photoshop works in there, but I will contact support so they can help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just a tad bit old but hopefully this reply can help another. Nothing helped for me: running from file location, ending process (there was no process to end), adding a new task, restarting system, etc

It had been ages since opening creative cloud. After signing in I had discovered PS needed updating and had been missing critical updates

My fix: sign into Creative cloud and update Photoshop. Duh, all this searching, trying this and that and the thing just needed to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had a similar issue, had a corrupt Host file, but it was the Techinical Support team at adobe who fixed it, one phone call and they connected to my computer and fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How about you try contacting Adobe Help https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html they should be able to fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe in more detail your error, I think I will help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines