• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My PSD file won't open beacuse its "not a valid Photoshope document"

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried literally everything to changing the file extension or to running it in different programs. Are my files corrupt and forever lost or is there some solution? Im fairly new at Photoshop and just want my work back please help :(.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is it just the one file or all files you're having the issue with, do you keep a backup copy of your important files, if it's just the one file can you upload it to a file sharing site like DropBox and post a link to the download here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to opened it with various applications and no joy I'm afraid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the file is a Photoshop (PSD) document? What happens if you remove the extension and from within Photoshop go File > Open and select the file?

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded your file, threw it into a hex editor. It contains no information, so I'd say it's corrupt.

myfilehex.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to recover it or is it forever lost?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the basis of that file, I'd say no. As I wrote, the hex editor shows there's no information to recover. A typical "healthy" PSD would look something like this in a hex editor:

typicalPSDhex.png

Did you experience a crash? Assuming you're on Windows, you might take a look in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop [version]\AutoRecover (which would require your computer to be set to show hidden files) and see if there's anything in there. Otherwise, unless you have a backup copy stashed somewhere, I'm afraid you're probably out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines