• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my timeline won't play while trying to make a time-lapse video from a JPEG image sequence

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my timeline won't play while trying to make a time-lapse video from a JPEG image sequence. i am new to the PS, i shot my sequence of images in RAW ( Canon, CR2) and first imported in PS adobe raw and exported as image sequence in a new folder as JPEG. Imported back the image sequence with proper numbering into PS. the time line shows up a video group, ( its not playing now), after making the image size 4K and converting to a smart object i exported /rendered as video. the resultant output created another series of JPEG imaghes not a video. i saw many youtube videos but could not get the solution.

while importing the video group has a red warning symbol, saying available only in PS. but im using PS only. sharing a screenshot.Screenshot 2021-11-22 at 8.02.00 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-11-22 at 8.12.37 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Thanks. I managed to figure it out, and in my case you are totally right. Ps didnt manage to open my photos as a sequence even though the photos are numbered sequentially. And it didnt throw a warning or anything. I exported them again (LrC) with new numbering, and after that everything worked as it should! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can we see the render settings you selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 8.54.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot shows the settings to render a jpeg video sequence (i.e. a set of still images) rather than rendering a to a video format

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you fund a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Markus330724723nrn

You need to start a new thread.  Tell us your Photoshop version? Your operating system and version?

A full res screen shot of your entire workspace showing timeline and layers panel.

Describe your workflow, and link to any tutorials you used to get to where you are.

From what I can see of the screen shots further up this thread, I suspect that the OP had not actually created a timelapse, which is why it wouldn't play.  You should be able to see the video play in the timeline, and if that is working, then use Media Encoder to render the video.  Thetr are lots of presets available, but you need to plan your project before you start. i.e. size your JPGs to fit the video format — 1080P, 2K, 4K...

If you can do that we'll take it fropm there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I managed to figure it out, and in my case you are totally right. Ps didnt manage to open my photos as a sequence even though the photos are numbered sequentially. And it didnt throw a warning or anything. I exported them again (LrC) with new numbering, and after that everything worked as it should! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting us know.  I have marked your post as the correct answer, so it can help other people going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, how do you change the render settings? There is no option for video format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you post what you see exactly? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines