Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Native UI Documentation

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

How can I create a custom UI panel with native Photoshop look and feel? E.g. can I make a custom adjustment layer type, with UI that looks like one of the standard adjustment layers? Can I make UI looking like the Brush panel and make it dockable alongside other dockable panels? Can I reuse some UI controls?

The documentation only mentions UI suite API that can return main window handle, and custom panels running in Flash but does nothing else to help you create a custom panel that integrates well into docking windows of Photoshop interface. The plugin types listed in docs seem very limited, yet there are some plugins out there that have the native look&feel. The flash panel SDK docs are in CS5 but not CS6 SDK. Is it deprecated?

Is there any way to reuse Photoshop's docking window functionality for non-modal plugin UI?

How do vendors create plugins that don't fit into the strict import/export/color picker/selection/automation classification?

Thanks,

Sergiy

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash SDK is dead and HTML5 is the (new) way to go.

Here is the place to start:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/creativesuite/articles/introducing-html5-extensions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines