Exit

Need clarification about Channel Ports Suite

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2010 Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear forum members,

about a year ago someone asked the following:

>Like say I wanted to call Gaussian Blur that photoshop already has, are there functions to do this?  Or would I have to create my own Gaussian Blur?

to which Chris Cox replied:

>Yes, from automation plugins or scripts. From other plugins: no, you'd have to create your own.

OK. But then, what is the ApplyOperation routine in the Channel Ports Suite about?

The PoorMans Type Tool plug-in included in the sample code does exactly this, Gaussian Blur - and it's a filter. Or am I missing something? If I load the relevant data from a port, process them and write them to an out port, it might work... or not?

To be honest, I am about to write my own GB routine, because the Channel Ports Suite stuff is not exactly straightforward to understand, but I am just guessing.

Many thanks in advance,

Marco Olivotto

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you should be able to use the channel port operation to get a Gaussian Blur. I believe the Poor

Mans example does not actually use the results of the Gaussion Blur from Photoshop but it does use that operation. Y

ou should be able to work the code around to get the GB result from the operation and then apply your filtering to the output of  PS_GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines