Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to create photoshop plugin with UI in QT framework

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I need to develop a photoshop plugin using qt to create UI. I have two doubts regarding this
- First, Is it possible to integrate qt UI with photoshop plugin and perform photoshop operations.

- Second, Is it possible to create a panel type UI using QT for Photoshop and keep it non modal.

I have no idea regarding qt. Please guide.

Thanks

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. It most definitely is, but it requires some tweaking, especially on Mac. You can greatly simplify it if you can instantiate QApplication when your plugin is triggerred and you are about to show the GUI and destroy it when your plugin is done it's work. Persistant Qt is also doable but trickier; my advise would be to go there only if you really have to.

2. HTML5 panels is the way to go (flash panels are no more)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Varaev, Can you please guide a little on html 5 panels?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jiust as it's mentioned on that page that HTML5 link above would take you to, you have to download the Extension Builder3 preview here, follow the "Gettring Started" notes, run a simple panel example and off you go. You also may want to read this post and follow this exntesoinbuilder forum.

ivar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ilvar‌, Could you please elaborate about how to launch Qt GUI from a Photoshop Plug In?

It seems to be tricky thing to do.

Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines