• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Neural Filters Crashing Photoshop!!

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not use the Neural Filetrs, they keep crashing photoshop!

Adobe, They are not fit for purpose!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

They don't crash for me. So for you:

When Photoshop crashes, this is the first thing to do, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

If that doesn't fix the issue:
Go to Preferences > Performance... and unche

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Thank you @TheDigitalDog , the unticking of the multithrerad appears to have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the link below to make a report or request
-The Adobe employees who read here are support staff, not the programmers who make changes
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/
-for PPro https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro
-https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html for everything else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't crash for me. So for you:

When Photoshop crashes, this is the first thing to do, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

If that doesn't fix the issue:
Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop.
Still crashing? 
Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Still crashing?  

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @TheDigitalDog , the unticking of the multithrerad appears to have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tired everything you said but my PS is crashing too. Whenever I click it from the filters menu phosotshop crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tired everything you said but my PS is crashing too. Whenever I click it from the filters menu phosotshop crashes.

By @Ozgur1976

What OS, version of it, and Photoshop? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CPU i7-11800H

RAM 64 GB

OS Windows 10 64-bit

Adobe Ps 24.1.0

Besides the crasah problem of the Neural filters, whenever I open the Ps, the buttons on the left side (New File, Open, Home, etc.) are not working too:

Ozgur1976_0-1671175104839.png

I tried to uninstall Ps - restrat - reinstall Ps - restart - but again; it's not working. I think I'm gonna format C: drive, reinstall Windows and everything else again. IMO all happened because of the latest Ps update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much tried all of the solutions in this thread and none of them are working. Simply clicking on the neural filters option closes Photoshop instantly, bypassing any error reporting and as far as I can tell there isn't even a log to check either.

I've tried disabling GPU I've tried disabling multithread, I've tried combinations of the two. I've reset my preferences. Twice. I've reinstalled Photoshop twice. Here's the kicker - they WERE working. At one point I could load them up, even use them without issue. Then Photoshop got updated and they've never worked since. 

There seems to be little to no official support for these filters, and even less by way of an explanation for the repeated crashes. The most I could find was an thread dated back in 2021 which said that a recent updated 'fixed this issue'. Clearly not, given we're now almost in 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mess with your setup too often, that is clear. The neural filters are under development, some say beta etc. Some use the cloud, etc. They aren't important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much tried all of the solutions in this thread and none of them are working.

By @HeraldOfFire

Did you try this with a clean install of the OS and only Photoshop installed after? Or booting off a clean install of the OS?

That is the only way at this point to proceed, such that if you still crash, you've got a hardware issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awful advice! Only a complete amateur with a PC does a clean install of an OS in the age of Win10. The very idea, "clean install" is nonsense, as the various drivers and settings are all part of making PSP run well. Clean install is something out of Win 95.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awful advice! Only a complete amateur with a PC does a clean install of an OS in the age of Win10. The very idea, "clean install" is nonsense, as the various drivers and settings are all part of making PSP run well. Clean install is something out of Win 95.”

E524D4AF-7FC9-488D-A6F5-60B2C4D5E08A.jpeg

https://www.techtarget.com/searchitchannel/definition/clean-install?amp=1

FB1DA755-00B8-40F9-9015-6C05F623FF31.jpeg

D9AD60EA-F9F4-4461-A8F4-AF8A7432E5D6.jpeg

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't. "- Erica Jong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines