• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New 2020 - create a GIF

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to create my fiast amimated GIF. Following the CC tutorial and get to the point to click the timeline menu and convert the layers.  I get to the Time Line buttons but the convert layers to frames button is greyed out (and so are other button but ono all).  Suggestions...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you click on create frame animation or create a video timeline in the timeline panel to actyally create a timeline frame or video.  You need one or the other to actually create an animated Gif.  One or the other need to be created

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "Convert Layers to Frames", do you mean File > Import > Video Frames to Layers?  If so, that justto lets you stack frames of video into a layered PSD file.  You usually finish with saving teh PSD and then using File > Export > Layers to Files.  It's not directly part of creating an aniamted GIF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They wrote "I get to the Time Line buttons but the convert layers to frames button is greyed out ".     I do not know any button labeled convert layers to frames.   So I do not know what they write is gray exists.   The closest thing  I can think of is is the menu item in the frame animation panel fly-out menu "Make Frames from Layers" Which will be grayed out if they have a Frame animation Panel and a single  layer which is already a frame in the frame animation panel created with the Create Frame Animation button there are no other layers to make frame with.  I do not know which tutorial the were following or what they missed in the tutorial.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works perfectly as long as your layers are selected.

Hereafter : 2 layers selected > 2 new frames

excuse my french UI…

Capture d’écran 2020-06-29 à 17.27.58.pngCapture d’écran 2020-06-29 à 17.28.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines