• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New canvas won't appear on Adobe Photoshop CC2017

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you may see in my app. I've tried to make new document by File>New>Create. And then there's nothing. Only the black background (eventough i've tried zoom in zoom out-- hoping I would find the white canvas, but there's none). Then I tried to use random brush to draw, and as you see it appeared in the 'layers' section. But I the white canvas just didn't appear the way it should be. I also tried File>Open on random pictures I have, it didn't appear also. So confusing.

Anyone has the same problem? this is the first time I tried CC2017 (I usually use CS4)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I’ve moved this discussion from Photoshop Sketch (mobile app) to the general Photoshop forum.

Your screen resolution looks very small. I wonder what your screen dimensions are, and if that could be an issue?

Also, it’s worth a try to disable GPU acceleration in Edit > Preferences > Performance.

Is this his a new installation? Or was it working previously? If it was working, you can try resetting your preferences to the default to clear possibly corrupted preferences:

Preferences in Photoshop

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried disabling gpu acceleration and it works, the new canvas finally appear. Thanks!!

Still don't know what's wrong with the resolution, I installed adobe illustrator at the same time as this photoshop (both are new), but it has normal resolution and works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also try updating your GPU driver to the latest version from the manufacturers website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I'll try to update it soon. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines