• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Document Dialogue - Option to Use Old Dialogue?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not very satisfied with the newest "New Document" dialogue. It is very slow to load on my system, whereas the old, simple dialogue loaded up in a snap. I commonly use a series of keystrokes to isolate a piece of a document into a new one - Ctrl C, Ctrl N [enter], Ctrl V. I do this so fast it is nearly like an an action. And, in fact, I nearly never use New Document dialogue to create anything _but_* a document the size of whatever is in my clipboard. So all that extra stuff in the new dialogue is valueless to me, and only wastes my time.

Is there a way to use a "legacy" version of this dialogue? In other words, can all of the "extras" be switched off?

-Ian McIntosh - Mobile Game Artist

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

If you go into the Preferences Cmd/Ctrl K, then on the General Tab and check the box marked 'Use legacy new documents dialog', or similar wording as I'm not in front of the computer at the moment.

This will get you back to the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you go into the Preferences Cmd/Ctrl K, then on the General Tab and check the box marked 'Use legacy new documents dialog', or similar wording as I'm not in front of the computer at the moment.

This will get you back to the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines