• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New gradient tool is awful, but now classic gradient tool has some UX breaks

Participant ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before the terrible new gradient tool was introduced, if i changed my primary color then the active gradient color would also change. This made it VERY EASY and quick to update the gradient Im using. Say for example if I want to do a gradient mask I just have to hit D to reset colors, and boom i have a perfectly black gradient for the mask. 

Now it doesnt do that. I have to open the actual gradient color dropdown and double click the gradient color. WHY ruin this. This isn't the actual Classic Gradient tool.

It's sad to see tools that have been around for generations and worked perfectly fine now stop working as they did with the latest greatested "hip" update. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be aware that in the Options bar you can change to Classic Gradient so that the gradient works as it did previously.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am aware of this, but like I mentioned in the original post the color selection method has been changed / made harder. Maybe it was an oversight from the Adobe team to also revert the color selection actions

The gradient tool used to take the color of your primary color. So all you had to do was quickly pick the right color, and your gradient would update. Amazingly fast especially if you are doing gradient masking. Now, you have to use the awful UX gradient color selector window with the scroll bar. 

It makes multiple tasks I do daily become longer than they need to be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines