• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Photoshop CC 2017 AND PLUGINS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this version play nice with my plugins. I often use various plugins like ON ONE, TOPAZ AND NIK. I thought I remember reading that after PS CC 2015.5 you don't have to either copy and paste or reinstall these plugins. Anyone have any trouble with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My plugins (some Topaz) and Wacom tablet are working ok with PS 2017.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Topaz plug-ins are working. Nik, OnOne and Flaming Pear disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My plugins aren't working. I have Topaz, ON1, and Nik. I even re-installed and still they don't work. What did you do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nik I reinstalled, onone worked but topaz just shows 2 out of the 10 or so I have. Hopefully topaz will have an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try re-installing Topaz? I got everything back except the Flaming Pear Flood 2 plug-in by re-installing. I haven't been able to get that one back even when copying contents from the CC 2015.5 plug-ins folder. I've got a support ticket in to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all of the previous updates I just copied the plugins from the previous version and everything was fine. I did that this time and nothing worked. I have re-installed all of the Topaz plugins and no luck. ON1 is only available from the File>Automate selection but not from in Filters. The Nik Collection is available through the Nik Selective Tool but not from Filters. Obviously there is something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the NIK selective tool. My Nik plug ins have gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just copy the contents of c:\program files\Adobe Photoshop CC2015.x\Plug-Ins to the new location c:\program files\Adobe Photoshop CC2017\Plug-Ins and restart PS. Mac users have to do the same inside the /Applications/ folder.

That easy ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggestion worked. I think I did this last time there was an update but forgot. Thought sure I read that Adobe made this unnecessary in future updates. Guess not.....thanx again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting fed up of this with every update! Adobe Photoshop do something!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assumed that was the answer and it worked for me but - can/should I just delete the old "Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5" folder (Mac) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did copy Nik Collection to the link that robbieboy​ had mentioned, but wanted to know from where do i open since filter drop down menu isnt showing Nik Collection. Please help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm unsure what is wrong but there is something that caused me problems in finding the Nik filters.  Nik Collections in the drop down Filters menu is greyed out and unusable of course, unless you have a filterable layer active.  But other than that, the collection is working for me in PhotoShop by also using File\ Automate\ Nik Collection Selective Tool.  This opens (and closes) a tool palette that accesses all the filters except HDR Pro.  That is accessed from File\ Automate\ Merge to HDR Pro.  I, however, access Merge to HDR from the Bridge.

There is a video that may be helpful here that covers Nik Col. access in four different programs including PShop

Accessing the plug-ins from host applications - Nik Collection Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that this thread has become so convoluted as to be difficult to find the wood for the trees, but I am going to try and add my two cents worth as clearly as I can.

My Topaz plugins were there under the filters menu after installing CC 2017, as was Pro Digital Star Filter Pro 4

My Alien Skin Eye Candy was not showing, and their support page advised downloading the install file.  Starting and quitting Photoshop, and installing Eye Candy again.  This worked fine.

I have just realised that my Flaming Pear plugins are not showing under Filters.

If you are using Windows 10, and a Wacom Tablet and prefer the WinTab API as opposed to Windows Ink (and WinTab works much better IME) then you need to manually copy the PSUSerConfig.txt from the CC 2015.5 folder to the CC 2017 folder.

Unfortunately, I have now experienced four BSDs since installing Photoshop CC 2017 just five days ago.  At least two of those were before I installed Eye Candy.  I never had any BSDs with Windows 10 before installing CC 2017, so this is obviously concerning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of my plugins cease to function since 2015.5.X and since they were not updated I let them blow away like dust in the wind. 

Some Photoshop plugins don't have a long life considering Photoshop is updated up to three times a year.  From experience if your fortunate you'll have a plugin last you 3.5 years most cease to work after 2.5 years. Creative Cloud users have increased but I know alot using Photoshop 6 so they have there army of plugins and never worry then are going to stop working. It's only the Photoshop Advanced > Master users or newbies using the latest versions of Photoshop whom complain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A great help. Had no idea it was that straight forward and even managed to get my Topaz ones back up and running. Thanks for taking the time to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for On One users it isn't....you have to follow these instructions...Perfect Photo Suite 9 Premium and Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 and 2017 – ON1 Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I updated to 2017, the 2015.5 plug-in fold became empty. I copied Nik file to the "generate" folder. It did not work.

Where can I get the plug-in files from old version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the folder named Google in the pathways that nachbelichtet said fixed the problem immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. This worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My plug-ins transferred over without issue.  Photobacks Control, Photobacks Cartoon, Topaz, On1, etc.  Thank goodness!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded the cc2017 and its will not recognize neither

NIK filters, its does not work from Automate either
Canon Pro-1 Plugin for printing files

TotallyRad Filter for my editing...

It says the the file type is not recognized....I am a photographer and have no idea how to move forward.
Can I get the old version back ? This is taking too much time :-((  I need to work please help anyone.

What can I do to make it accept the old plug in versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop will save the plugins folder from the previous installation here (Windows): C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5\Plug-ins

Just copy the plugins in the Plugins folder from here to the Plugins folder here: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Plug-ins

This worked fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, but it did not work!  Thanks for the info.  But....  Gosh Darn!.. people rely on their plugins and what happens if a plugin that folks like is no longer updated... that means they cannot use a plugin they love to use... NOT GOOD.  Disappointed to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines