• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New „project your canvas“ iPad feature - where are the settings? Disable?

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Photoshop on iPad, the screen gets "projected" to my external monitor  (via USBC) but only the canvas is shown, I cannot zoom or see anything else. How can I get back the old settings where I can see my tools, zoom into my work etc. The link in ps Start Screen is broken (screenshot) and in the App-settings as written, there is NO option at all - or what app settings are you talking about? Before the update photoshop and a second monitor (mirror) was totally fine for me to work with... now it's broken somehow.

Ps: and the German descriptions inter screenshot are messed up anyways 😉

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

You are right. But before the update it was already possible to connect an iPad to a second monitor. The only difference after the latest ps update now is that you only see the artwork and not the user interface of the app om the 2nd Screen.

what's misleading is, is that this new function is auto activated right from start when you updated PS. In the manual is described how to activate it. In my case, I just wanted to use my monitor (as a mirror) like before, and couldn't find the settings to de

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

According to the Adobe Help page, the intention is that you work on your iPad and can view the image only on a larger display.

"Plugging your iPad into an external display (monitor, TV) via HDMI or USB-C will project your canvas onto that display (without the Photoshop UI) and let you show your document as you edit it live."

See details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/mobile-2021-7.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. But before the update it was already possible to connect an iPad to a second monitor. The only difference after the latest ps update now is that you only see the artwork and not the user interface of the app om the 2nd Screen.

what's misleading is, is that this new function is auto activated right from start when you updated PS. In the manual is described how to activate it. In my case, I just wanted to use my monitor (as a mirror) like before, and couldn't find the settings to deactivate that new feature.

to deactivate you have to got to on ps startscreen to the user-Profile image icon on the upper right, the function is hidden there. Not easy to find, as I never expected such function under my profile image ( I expect my cloud subscription or logout here) but it's there, and if you know - it's easy to deactivate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! Only showing my artboard was driving me crazy. I like to stream my drawing sometimes and I feel it is important to see the tools being used, zooming in, rotation of the page, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! Your explanation is exactly what I needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines