• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to P/S CC, what about Adobe Bridge?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the recent demise of my Windows Vista machine and loss of CS6 capability, I am looking to join the world of monthly paying for Photoshop. I have longed used Adobe Bridge to do initial editing of images but have seen no mention of Bridge anywhere. I do see that Camera Raw is provided. Is that part of a Bridge function? Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

First when you join CC, Bridge will be available as a separate but free download.

Camera Raw is a plugin that is installed with Photoshop. You would keep it up to date in your CC Desktop app that you install to manage your downloads. As a bit of advice, disable automatic updates and keep a prior version of Photoshop if you have the space. It will fill in if you run into a glitch and need to get work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First when you join CC, Bridge will be available as a separate but free download.

Camera Raw is a plugin that is installed with Photoshop. You would keep it up to date in your CC Desktop app that you install to manage your downloads. As a bit of advice, disable automatic updates and keep a prior version of Photoshop if you have the space. It will fill in if you run into a glitch and need to get work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info on Camera RAW/Bridge and the advice to disable auto updates. Something I usually do with any software is have it notify me of updates and request permission to do the update.

I tried to reinstall CS6 on another Vista computer that I had available but I could not get it to hook into Adobe and verify the installation. I tried for two days with different people at Adobe Tech Support but got nowhere.

I would love to be able to keep my CS6 from a monetary standpoint. Do you have any suggestions? I started with installing Photoshop 6 then to CS2, CS5 and, finally, CS6. One of the Tech Support analysts had me go to a particular link that showed I had installed CS6 way back when but now it just locks me out. Any advice would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have longed used Adobe Bridge to do initial editing of images

By @seagrove01

That's not Bridge doing the actual editing - Bridge is still just a file browser. But you can launch the Camera Raw plugin (ACR) from Bridge, and it sounds like that's what you've been doing. ACR can be hosted by either Photoshop or Bridge.

ACR is primarily a processor for raw files from a camera, but it can also be set to open jpegs and TIFFs.

ACR is part of the Photoshop installation, Bridge a separate application. Both are installed and updated from the CC desktop app, which is the "master" application manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for educating me. I need all the help I can get!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And- If you have subscribed to the Photography Plan for Photoshop, you also have access to Lightroom-CLASSIC that is Bridge +ACR combined along with better DAM functionality than Bridge

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.3.1 Photoshop 25.9, ACR 16.3.1, Lightroom 7.3, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.0, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines