• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Update is terrible for Photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update I have not been able to use photoshop properly and it cant even save a file

My top toolbar has gone, and the side menus do not show properly.  How do I roll back the update as it is not working and I cant use it like this 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the earlier version from the Creative Cloud app.

It's always wise to keep the previous version when updating until you get used to it (and also, maybe any plug-ins you have may not work with the new version). 

To deal with your issues with the new version, which OS version do you have?

The tool box appears and disappears by pressing the tab key. Also try resetting your Workspace to see if that helps or try resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, the earliest version you can get now is 22.0. The last stable version of photoshop was 2019 which is ver 20.0.8. Like so many new decisions Adobe makes to this once stellar program, with each new change it gets worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Geoffrey2460589395r3 wrote:

the earliest version you can get now is 22.0.

The current version is 23.3.2 and is stable on my computer. You didn't mention your system specs, but they have changed over time.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

23.3.2 is also stable on my Windows 10 laptop. No issues to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

23.32 version will have no problem with small files, but it will be much slower than 23.21 version when working with large files. After the 23.21 version, the 23.32 version all has a big problem of being too slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are on what OS? Can't save a file, on a Mac? In System Preferences, >Security & Privacy, >Full Disk Access, do you see Photoshop listed? If not, do add it and try again.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having issues, why the Geometry adjustment was moved to the crop tool is just more time-consuming move.
Can't read if image files are 300 dpi or 72 dpi, mystifying truly mystifying?
When trying to retouch thru Adobe Raw, an AI bar appears in the way at the bottom of the image file, blocking view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@SWagnerPhoto you're commenting on an unlrelated post from 2020. Please start a new thread and outline in detail your issues so they can be properly addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines