• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nik Collection not recognized with Photoshop 2022

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I have a set of Nik Collection filters that I've been using with an older version of PS but I can't seem to get them to funtion in PS 2022. I've placed them in the plug-ins folder but no luck. Are they simply not compatible and/or is there a hack as to how/where to place them to get them to work? I saw a similar post regarding a user who had the same problem and someone came up with a solution (though this was on a PC and I'm on a Mac. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you contacted Nik to see if these filters  are compatible with your version of Photoshop (and, if not, are they working on an upgrade)? It's always worth when upgrading an application, to keep the previous version so you can still use it in circumstances like yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Version 4 and 5 are compatible with CC2022, so if you have v3 or older, you will need to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the original Google Nik collection version 1.2 and it runs fine with Photoshop 23.4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged

I've just downloaded the latest Photoshop v24.0 and Nik no longer works. Where did you place your Nik collection in v23.4.2?

Thanks

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony

This is the location for me C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Plug-ins

I just copied the Google folder from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Plug-ins

I also made a backup copy of the Google folder for save keeping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Nik support page shows which versions of Nik are compatible with which version of Photoshop

https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/articles/5092129904797-How-can-I-use-Nik-Collection-with-a-new-or-u...

For Photoshop 2022, you'll need version 4 or 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For WINDOWS users-  My experience is that NIK Collection v1.2.11 still works with Photoshop v23.4.2

2022-07-31 18_34_40-Window.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still possible to use it with new Photoshop versions, without any problems. Simply copy the the full plugin set from the NIK Tools into your Photoshop directory C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Required\Plug-ins and don't worry about error messages after startup. But important : to avoid crashes or other problems when using these old filters, in EVERY separate NIK filter you're using in Photoshop you need to select to select the filter Settings (corner left below) and select "apply the filter effect to the CURRENT layer" in the After Clinking OK tab and everything will work fine !
321733377_569203561205605_1323834775678346906_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info but you may have missed the part where I say I'm on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I have no experience at all with MACs, so I don't know
what's different ....

Kind regards,

--
Theo J.A. van Aerts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines