Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No access to JPEG format on Photoshop 2023

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Until recently, I was using Adobe Bridge for the classification and storage of my photos, and Adobe Photoshop for their post-production. I had no problem.
Once I had edited my photos, I saved them in JPEG format, and that allowed me to adjust its weight according to whatever use I had for it.
First, I had to adopt Adobe Bridge 2023.
Then, I had to adopt Adobe Photoshop 2023.
As Adobe Photoshop 2023 wasn't fully compatible with the iMac software I was using, I have uploaded MAC OS Ventura 13.0

The biggest problem I am facing now is that when I want to save a photo, the menu doesn't allow me to choose the JPEG format, the list of possible formats is limited to 9, the only JPEG option is JPEG 2000 (.jpf).
What's more, once I have saved the photo, I can't open it anymore. The following message appears :

The file "..." cannot be opened
            It may be damaged or under a format that Mac Preview doesn't recognise
                    (this is my own translation of the message which appears in French on my Mac)

If someone has met this problem, how did you solve it ?
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks, it works that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things: Photoshop does not 'save as' jpeg if the file does not support jpeg, for example because it has layers or is 16 bits color. You can restore the old behavior in the preferences under file handling. Check 'use legacy save as'. Or indeed use Save a copy.

I'm a bit puzzled about your second problem. First you say you can't save the file, and then you say that if you saved it anyway, you can't open it. Don't tell me you save it in another format and then change the extension...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, if I use save a copy, it works : I can have access to JPEG format. Good solution.

The second problem is solved through the solution of the first one. The problem I had, was that I couldn't open the photos that I had saved under jpf format on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Marcel,

I have the same problem when trying to save images I opened from Camera Raw. I did change the Color space from 16 Bits/Channel to 8 Bits/Channel, after this I got the option to save images as jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines