• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No option to add additional Scratch Disk

Contributor ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add my external hard drive SanDisk Extreme Pro (1TB 2000Mb/s Read-write)  as the scratch disk.   

On my Mac, I'm holding Command + Option while launching the app in order to add another scratch disk.  But I don't see any option to add another scratch disk.   I've tried right-clicking, restarting, retrying, unplugging and plugging back in.    Below is an image of what it looks like for my scratch disk options upon launching Photoshop.

I also tried this with my external hard drive - WD 1TB USB 3 and had no luck.

clevermillcom_0-1625237632021.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me get to a win.  I'm going to put my results here to help anyone else.

I changed the Privacy settings and that didn't help (at least directly).

I then reformatted my SanDisk and after doing that, all the scratch disk options magically showed up in Photoshop, including the WD external hard drive (that I didn't reformat). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m continually being told I have no disc space, I have tons of disc space in an SSD. I can't update my apps for the same reason, can you please give me a thread link to resolve this, and permanently so I don’t have it keep cropping up. Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll need lots of free space on your system disk. If you have an external disk you can at least sometimes fix the scratch space. Erase it and format it suitably, as discussed in the linked page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines