Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No right click on Layers and other problems PS CC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

Ok I am not having much fun with PS 19.1.3 today.

This is the history of my issues with PS 19.1.3 today.

First on start up today, it started acting funny, (don't know how to explain that bit) and my right side tool bar came away from the main section when I was trying to move the whole app window , and there was no way to add it back to the main app, as the blue lines did not show up, I ended up following the Adobe instructions to reset the preferences in the end, but it reset the whole app and I lost all the work I have ever done with PS 19.1.3, which was not a lot as I am still learning how to use it, but I was shocked to find that resetting the preferences wipes all the work I have ever done (frustrating to loose my saved projects), the video said it would only reset the preferences not delete all my projects. I then got a very weird message after restart saying that my graphics card was not good enough and that some settings had been turned off , again I am gobsmacked as I am using a MacBook Pro bought December 2017 running 10.13.4 with a intel iris Pro 1536 MB Graphics and 16GB RAM so I should not be having any problems with this app. I then quit and restarted PS and have been trying to do this tutorial, hoping that I can still work with PS as it is,

How To Make Seamless Textures | Photoshop Tutorial - YouTube 

But when I get to 2:00 min he does a right click on the layer and clicks Rasterize layer, well I have tried every trick I can think of but there is no right click on the layers no matter what I try, ctrl & click, or ctrl & right click, or alt & click, or alt & right click, or cmd & click, or cmd & right click, nothing works. I have tried to find this Rasterize option in the main layers menu above but everything is blanked out. (yes I do have the layer selected) a lot of the menus are blanked out.

I do still seem to have all the plugins that I have bought at least.

I really do not know why I am having these problems when all software on this mac is up to date and I have all the correct specs to be able to use PS, including Graphics, I have been searching for a solution but I have had no luck finding one yet.

So Please can anyone help me figure out what is going on with PS 19.1.3 and my MacBook Pro 10.13.4 and why I cant do a right click on layers, and why I seem to be having issues with my graphics which seems to have turned off just about every function on PS.

All help welcome and appreciated, Thank you very much in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

You didn't finish scaling (and distorting) the image. Click the checkbox in the top or double-click inside your image. Then you will be able to continue on.

IMG_5138.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

First your lost files. Resetting preferences will empty the Recent Files list - but that is just a list of shortcuts. The actual files are not lost and will be stored in the same location you saved them.

Right clicking the layer should work - is it locked or a background layer? You can get the same option in the layers menu at the top of the screen

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the GPU - try going to Preferences >Performance and see if you can enable Use Graphics Processor there

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Thank you very much for your quick response.

Sorry but the right click is not working, I have literally just dragged the image onto the workspace, it created a layer on top of the background layer. All I need to do according to the tutorial is adjust the image so that it sits right, select the image layer, and right click the layer with the image to select Rasterize in the right click menu, but there is no right click, and the whole top main layer menu is blanked out, there is no lock on the image, I took it with my Canon EOS 1300D a few hours ago moved to my computer and dragged and dropped into photoshop. the layer menu at the top is blanked out so are all these other menus, Image, Type, Select, Filter, and 3D all are blanked out. there is no lock on the image. as for the Grpahics i went to Preferences> performance but it is greyed out if i have the image on the workspace. if i remove the image and go to performance the Use Graphics Processor is ticked.

???? sorry for the slow typing i am dislexic and make loads of mistakes.

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a full screen screenshot including your layers panel and option bar - it may help us to see what is happening

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummmmm

Ok i am very very confused.

I took a screenshot nothing was working, after the screenshot everything is working ?

It seems all i needed to do was take a screenshot and it scared it back into working.

I really do not know what is going on.

Ok so i think i must be missing something. i have just deleted the image and dragged and dropped it back into the workspace, and now i have no right click again. i have resized it to the way i want it but again i have no right click and i can seem to get out of the resize the image, i have tried to click a tool or click the top or anything but nothing works ? if i do a screenshot it unlocks and everything is working again but i can no longer resize the image ? what am i doing wrong ?

Thank you.

I will try and do a video if this does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Ok now i have been experimenting but i can not figure out what i am doing wrong.

According to the video tutorial here How To Make Seamless Textures | Photoshop Tutorial - YouTube

I am doing everything correct, but it just will not work like it does in the video.

As soon as i add an image it is like everything else shuts down.

I can resize and image that i have dragged and dropped into the workspace but that is about all.

Please see the video tutorial above and the video i filmed trying to do the same. , I am sure you will see my mistake better than i ever could.

Here is the video recorded on quicktime uploaded to dropbox.

Dropbox - Photoshop_Right_click.mov

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't finish scaling (and distorting) the image. Click the checkbox in the top or double-click inside your image. Then you will be able to continue on.

IMG_5138.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha ...you got there first Jane ☺

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, i knew it would be something easy that I was missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After placing the image you need to click on the tick in the options bar at the top, or press Enter, to accept the transform before right clicking the layer.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines