• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

not supported on this architecture error

Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2009 Mar 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed PS CS4. It runs fine and I have run the updater. Problem is Bridge. I get an error "You can't open the application "Adobe Bridge CS4" because it is not supported on this architecture. Apps are installed on an 8 core Mac Pro OS x 10.5.6. Any tips for this problem?

PS CS3, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, and Lightroom 2 are also installed on this Mac.

Thanks,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2009 Mar 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>[ "Jim Jordan's remarks are (as always) unhelpful, discourteous and unnecessary.]

If Ann wants to debate something I have posted, she would do much better to provide contrary evidence. The only evidence she presents is that she is an insulting, useless idiot, as always.

>Are you talking about your HD or a saved Disk Image: "AdobeBridge3All.dmg."

Ann, a DMG file is a saved disk image. It may be on a hard drive or on another disk.

>See if DiskWarrior can mount the Disk and then Repair and replace the Directory.

The last thing you want to do is to attempt to repair something when Adobe should supply proper media. David is entitled to that; not the headache of trying to troubleshoot with extra tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, you can ONLY install Bridge by installing Photoshop they are tied together.

Use the Photoshop UNinstaller to remove all traces of CS3 (and run the Clean Script for good measure as well); then re-install Photoshop CS4.

I am wondering if you are running into this problem because you are using what may be a non-approved Upgrade Path as PS CS3 and Bridge CS3 were installed as part of "Web Suite".

I am not qualified to know if this could be an issue or not.
Perhaps Customer Service can help?

-------
"Jim Jordan" and his remarks are best ignored and treated with the contempt they deserve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann, the problem that David has already realized is that the Photoshop installer is not able to open and process the Bridge component because it is packed in a faulty DMG file on the disk.

He's already done this on two computers with the same result. Do we realize what word we use to define the act of doing something over and over again and expecting a different result? Why would you recommend that he does this again? ...unless you are...

Ann Shelbourne:
>I am not qualified to know

INDEED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

talk about taking something out of context jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David:

Just ignore the poster's rude and unhelpful remarks in #27, but please note that I am suggesting that there is probably nothing physically wrong with the Adobe Upgrade DVDk except that you may have purchased the wrong Upgrade and should therefore contact Customer Service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for installing Bridge it installs with any suite and standalone where it is included and not only by installing Photoshop. It doesn't belong to Photoshop or is a part of Photoshop, it is a part of the Suite and the apps that comes with the suits where Photoshop is one of them.

What you could try if you didn't already, as Bridge anyways doesn't work, is to delete only Bridge, manually by simply trashing it.

Then run the latest update for any of the suit-apps. That would, with a bit of luck, also install Bridge again as it is missing.

Or run the installer once again after trashing the Bridge folder. The installer wont re-install anything if it is already present. You physically have to get rid of it first before being able to reinstall it. It is usually smart enough to know what is missing and tries to reinstall just that.

In this case though, as the only CS4 app you have is Photoshop, it comes with the Photoshop CS4 installer.

You didn't happen to move those apps from one PPC computer to an Intel computer with Leopard somehow? A stop-sign through an application usually means it is not supported on a Leopard system and that the installation is done for PPC and non-Leopard system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure that you get Bridge unless Photoshop is installed whether as a separate program or as part of a Suite.

Check your CS4 Application folders and you will see that other components of the Suite have UNinstallers but Bridge does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>talk about taking something out of context jim

Buko, nothing is out of context. Ann was fairly recognizing that she does not have all the answers. It just confuses how someone who does not have the answers can be so certain that another is wrong and worthy of her lame insults. Ann is a curse on the civility of this forum. And Buko is the child that follows mommy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IGNORED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AS IF

:)

Ann, if you want to ignore something, you do not post a reply to it. Would you like any other communication lessons or do you prefer to persist in acting like a child among your peers here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I went into the payloads/AdobeBridge3All folder and tried to mount AdobeBridge3All.dmg.

Did the same here and it mounted fine. So yeah - get another disc. In the meantime, if you're impatient you might try downloading the 30 day trial version and using your supplied serial number to register and activate. Not sure if Adobe provides a special serial for converting trial versions to retail but it's worth a shot. I'm thinking it should work fine.

Ann -
David is not trying to use an "improper upgrade path". The file he mentions is in the installer setup - it's a mountable file that he cannot mount. He's only doing this to test the integrity of the install files. It would appear that they are corrupt. It happens.

-phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil:

The Upgrade path was just a possibility because he mentioned upgrading only Photoshop CS4 and Bridge CS4 from the CS3 Web Suite; and the Adobe policy has normally meant either buying a Suite-to-Suite upgrade or installing FULL versions of an individual application.

David still needs to call Customer Service anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil,
Thanks for confirming. Just to clarify, the Bridge installer component of the Photoshop CS4 disk (DVD) is corrupted and will not mount using the finder or Disk Utility. I was able to mount it with Toast of all things but there is clearly something wrong with it. The Finder balks at copying anything from the mounted image "file damaged" type of error. This confirms for me that it will not install correctly because the installer disk is damaged. I wasn't trying to install Bridge by itself, just trying figure out what is wrong.

I talked to my IT guys and they are getting me a new disk. Annoying but I would rather have this problem than a conflict that required uninstalling/reinstalling this and that.

Thanks for the feedback.

--David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann,
You DO get Bridge if you only install InDesign or only install Illustrator. Or only Photoshop. It is not tied to Photoshop alone. It is in essence tied to the Suites and you are unable to NOT install Bridge (should you so wish) when you install a Suite or part thereof (doesn't matter which Suite). You also get it when installing a standalone version of one of the Adobe apps, at least with Illustrator or InDesign (the other ones I've never seen as standalones and don't know). Bridge is not only used for photos. It is also used for vector art from Illustrator and previewing InDesign pages before openign or palcing them and previewing pdfs and a lot of other files, plus for placing images into either Indesign or Illustrator. And of course for the collaboration between the Suite apps of the same version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge started out as the File Browser in Photoshop only, but that changed with CS2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for clarifying that as I certainly remember that it was tied to Photoshop at one time.
As I use the Suites, I hadn't realised that that proprietorial situation had changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2009 Apr 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

You can try uninstalling Photoshop CS4 from your system from Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers.
Thereafter you can try installing Photoshop CS4 again in your machine.
Please respond if this solves your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to follow up. I reinstalled PS CS4 from new media and all is well. I ran "reinstall components" replacing everything.

--David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the follow up, David.

It had to be faulty media - the issue was just too obscure for it to happen on two machines by coincidence or an isolated hardware issue. Glad you got it sorted.

-phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2009 Jun 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this on another thread, but I am having problems with Flash, saying that it cannot open adobe flash because it is not supported by this architecture, looks like this is an issue that Adobe has seen a few times, is there a fix or do I need another installation disk?

Thanks,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2009 Jun 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What troubleshooting steps have you followed as discussed in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 15, 2009 Jun 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a new install or a problem that has just cropped up?

In my case I was able to confirm that a new disk was need by checking the "Bridge" disk image.

--David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2009 Sep 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just downloaded the CS4 free trial and it says the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same problem with Bridge when I installed Elements 8 on my iMac running OS 10.5.8

The solution was to uninstall Elements upgrade to Snow Leopard 10.6.2 then reinstall.  Elements and Bridge are now working fine and my iMac is running like it is on steroids!!!!

Full details here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2431340#2431340

Regards,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2010 May 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

possible problem with your os? not sure if its the same issue as mine but ae cs5 wont run on my os as its PPC and requires intel so i get the same message, OHHH JOYYYYY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines