• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

not supported on this architecture error

Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2009 Mar 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed PS CS4. It runs fine and I have run the updater. Problem is Bridge. I get an error "You can't open the application "Adobe Bridge CS4" because it is not supported on this architecture. Apps are installed on an 8 core Mac Pro OS x 10.5.6. Any tips for this problem?

PS CS3, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, and Lightroom 2 are also installed on this Mac.

Thanks,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
May 18, 2010 May 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keep_calm, your issue is exclusive to CS5 and failing to recognize the system requirements. Return the software as soon as possible for a refund or buy an Intel Mac.

This thread, when it started and concluded months ago, referred to a different issue. CS5 had not yet been released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2010 Aug 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I am trying to install CS5 on a PowerMac G5.  The Install is crossed out with a circle and white line.  When I try to open the Install is when I get the error.  I was able to install this on a different Mac but not this one.  Is it a problem with the operating system on this Mac??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Judy, look at the packaging for CS5 and notice that it is for Intel Macs only. You are trying to install it on a PPC Mac. They are not the same. Your G5 Mac is too old to run CS5.

This has nothing to do with the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what I was afraid of that. Thanks for confirming for me.

Judy Lightbody

1928 Jewelry Company

3000 W Empire Ave, Burbank CA 91504

3(818) 841-1928 X1223 (818) 842-7314 JudyL@1928.com

Please visit our website: www.1928.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the Creative Design Suit 5 Design Premuim and the box says Mac OS. Says nothing about Intel vs PPC

Judy Lightbody

1928 Jewelry Company

3000 W Empire Ave, Burbank CA 91504

3(818) 841-1928 X1223 (818) 842-7314 JudyL@1928.com

Please visit our website: www.1928.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JudyLight wrote:

I bought the Creative Design Suit 5 Design Premuim and the box says Mac OS.  Says nothing about Intel vs PPC

You are entitled to return the product within 30 days.  Contact Adobe Customer Service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines