Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove nuisance horizontal lines in a photoshop CS4 photo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot so we can see what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  Here we go

Have a nice day.

This email is from Virginia and Dean Hartzell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing came through to the forum. You can't upload via email. You have to use the web forum toolbar.

FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a nice day.

[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is hard to see anything from those blurry images.

Is it a print or a photo of your screen? It looks like a blurry picture of a print from a printer with blocked nozzles.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to get a copy of what prints out since it doesn't show on the photoshop display and therefore can't be saved to a file.  I took two closeup camera pictures to download to computer files, combined them into one picture and forwarded them. I'll try by downloading a photo copy to the computer, load into photoshop, jing copy it this email.

Have a nice day.

[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK if those are prints then have you checked the printer for blocked nozzles? There is usually a nozzle check routine in the printer driver or on the printer itself

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printer is ok.  Yes,  d did all the steps to clear the printer and printed out photographs with proper color and no lines.

Have a nice day.

(Contact information removed. See Email signatures and personal information  Moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is definitely printer banding.

When is the last time you did a nozzle check?

Is PS managing the printer output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did print head clean, align and line feedtwice.  Replaced cartridges twice.  Used printer copy to copyphotograph successfully twice.  Cleaned nozzles once (looked clean). Maybe, if I tell you the steps that Ihave taken, it will speed this up.1. cloudcapped rainier (the picture that I sent) from file explorer (a .psd file,printed with win 10)   1” bands, lighter color band on left border  The lighter band on left border appears inall photos with lines or bands.  Band=multiplelines, one wider than rest 2. cloud capped rainier (the picture that I sent)--Photoshop (PS)selections=border/plain paper/best/PS colors/8 bit in image mode pulldown. Usedplain paper for printout unless otherwise specified. color ok—1/2 inch bands3.  cloud capped rainier -- PS selections=border/plainpaper/best/PS colors/16 bit in image modecolor oklines 1/2inch band4. cloud capped rainier PS selections=border/plain paper/best/PS colors/8 bitin image mode/6x4 printoutcolorok--bands 1 inch   Use imagemode 8 bit and PS colors for remaining tests5.  cloud capped rainier PS selections=borderless/plainpaper/best/color ok--bands 1/4"6. cloud capped rainier --PS selections=borderless/plain paper/best/ blackbackground color oklines 1/4"7.  cloudcapped rainier PS selections=borderless/plainpaper/best/ white background/portraitcolor ok—1/4”   Used white background on further tests.8. Different PS photo-- PS selections=border/plain paper/normal/--color ok—1” bands9. cloud capped rainier PS selections=borderless/plain paper/best/Match print colors/1/4” bands9. Printed 4x6 white envelope withaddresses—no lines11. Used printer to copy a 8,5x11 photo—color ok, no lines.  Perfectprintout11. cloud capped rainier .psd copy fromfile explorer (led directly into PS)- PS selections=border/plain paper/best/1/4”lines13. cloud capped rainierPSselections=border/plain paper/best/on plain paper—1/4” lines—lines on left border—no green in photo14. cloud capped rainierPSselections=border/plain paper/best/on plain paper—1/4” lines—lines on left border—no green in photo 16. cloud capped rainierPSselections=border/ matte/best/onplain paper—1/8’’ inch bands-very light –hardto see17. cloud capped rainierPSselections=borderless/ hp premium+ onphoto paper/best/on plain paper—colorok1/8” light bands appearing on left and right borders18. cloud capped rainierPSselections=borderless/other inkjet paper/best/onplain paper—color ok1/8” light bands19. cloud capped rainierPSselections=borderless/matte/best/printermanages coloron plain paper—color ok—1/8” light lines20. cloud capped rainierPS selections=border/ matte/best/on plain paper—best yet—1/4” bands very difficult to see22. cloud capped rainierPSselections=border/ matte/best/eliminatedlayers to retain layers Mt Rainier, a virdean card, Merry Christmas,cloudcapped and layer 1--on plain paper—colorok—hard to see 1” of ¼” bands on left border                                                                              

d

Have a nice day.

[signature removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever you try to print something locally, always use the highest-quality paper that you can. (And never use generic ink; use ink specified by the manufacturer.) Use the best print mode for that particular paper. (e.g., Epson has a "glossy paper" setting for---you guessed it!---their glossy paper.)

If you're really looking for the absolute best quality, consider an outside printer (like a local print shop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reviewed you comments and I agree.

My configuration is  WIN 10, HP pavilion computer (2 yr old), HP 8625 printer (< 1 yr old), wifi from computer to printer (even tried ethernet once), Microsoft high gloss photo paper..  I use LD products ink cartridges.  This configuration has been fine until the "bands" appeared. I like to think that I might have changed a setting which caused the bands.

Interesting--before contacting Adobe, I worked with HP.  They had me run several tests and advised me to contact adobe.

Just to be sure that Printer/ WIN 10/ computer are OK, I just:1. Used the printer to copy a glossy photo to a glossy page, printed it, scanned it into a jpeg file, printed it with WIN 10 to both glossy and plain paper. Colors good and no lines on either printout.  To me, that says the printer, cartridges, paper, printer, computer, WIN 10 are ok.

2. I then "placed" the photo into photoshop, Settings=portrait,photoshop manages colors, hp everyday photo paper glossy/best/border—printed onglossy  color ok, no lines s

3. I then downloaded a new photo from online, placed in photoshop settings = settings= hp photo             paper matte/best/border/photoshopmanages colors—print on plain paper—                           (warning=image is larger than paper’sprintable area, some cropping may occur.)              Color ok, barely visible 1/4" lines except for  3/4" left border where  three 1/16 "             wide (one white and 2 dark) and multiple lines appeared

Sorry, I don't know how to remove the following!

Have a nice day.

[Personal information removed by Moderator.  If you wish to continue to have access to the forums for help, please follow the forum rules and do not post personal information.  It is for your own protection to help avoid being spammed by spambots patrolling the internet.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Virdean,

Why are you posting your personal details here.  You have seen in your previous posts that the moderator has removed them and yet you keep posting it again and again.  any reasons why this is so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is  no nozzle check on the printer--just clean heads, align and line feed.  I did however clean the nozzles without an effect.  Yes PS is controlling the printer.

I did further printer testing and am contacting HP.  Yes, I believe that it is the printer.  I can't express enough appreciation for your support.  Thank you.

I don't know how to approve this forum! 

I am closing this action.  Good bye.  Dean Hartzell  Have a nice day.

16902 91st Ave E  Puyallup, WA 98375-2287

http://www.virdean.com

"The home of take along books that provide sheer reading pleasure and

unconventional greeting cards that make a greeting real."

email:  virdean0@yahoo.com  or

deanhartzell@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines