• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NVIDIA 1050ti graphics card KNOWN ISSUE?

Advisor ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has basically stopped working on my computer.  There is slowness and image artifacts as in the screenshot below - the full image appearing over magnified sections of the image.  The file is large (11 GB) but I have over 2000 GB of free scratch disk space.  I have worked on hundreds of files this large or in the vicinity without issue.  There are only 12 History states showing here and the problems start almost as soon as I open the file.  I recall a past issue with my graphics card and there have been posts by others with this same graphics card.  Is there a known issue with the NVIDIA 1050ti and a solution to get PS working again?  Thank you.  My OS is Windows 11.  I have 80% RAM free (26 of 32 GB).  [UPDATE]:  I deselected my C drive as a scratch disk and this seems to have solved things.  I see on Adobe's page "Set up Scratch Disks in Photoshop" the statement "scratch disks should be on a different drive than the one your operating system uses for virtual memory."  I assume this is my C drive.  Maybe that's what the problem was.

bartonlew_1-1658803492306.png

bartonlew_0-1658803465893.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Yes, that is correct.  I have had no issues whatsoever since doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the problem is solved by changing scratch disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that is correct.  I have had no issues whatsoever since doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines