• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

object finder and the "detailled resulsts" in a script ??

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I would like to create a script to clip mutltiple pictures. Of course I would like to use the "object finder" from the automatic selection tool. And the cloud (detailled resulsts) setting. 

I can do it by hand, picture by picture, with good results. However, when I launch the script, it seems it is not using the object finder, and I have far less good results from the clipping mask. It is a shame because right now I have better results from photoroom for free ... Please help 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Ah … unfortunately Photoshop Actions appear to be called »Script« in French but they are not Scripts (jsx-files). 

How is the result of Select > Subject? 

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 14.29.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the Script (or the relevant section of it). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible to illustrate the actual process you are trying to automate? 

You are not talking about Select > Subject but the Object Selection Tool

How would you want to use that in a Script anyway? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! 

Thank you for your reply. I will try to be more precise with some screenshots.

I am in lightroom, with a bunch of packshots to clip. In order to do so, I open one of the files with photoshop to apply a clipping mask.  I record myself with the button mode to create a script. This would be the first screenshot. I called the script "Auto Clipping Ai" and attributed the F12 button on my keyboard. To clip the product, I ticked the box "object finder" in the top left. (I am french so my Ps is in french) and then clicked on "select a sudject" with the "cloud (detailled results)" setting. You got the details of the script in the second screenshot. I applied the mask and then saved my pic back in lightroom. Perfect result.

But then if I open back the same picture and use my script using the F12 command. The clipping mask is of poor quality. Here is a side by side comparasion of the masks. 

Is there a way to have the same quality using a script ?

Thank you very much for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah … unfortunately Photoshop Actions appear to be called »Script« in French but they are not Scripts (jsx-files). 

How is the result of Select > Subject? 

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 14.29.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You guys are great ! Thank you both. I turned the Image Processing Preference default setting  to cloud and use the select>subject command as showed and it works. 🙂

Now however it seems I have another problem. I take my pictures tethered in lightroom. From there I right click and open my picks in photoshop. I then launch the Action (I  automatically clip my products). But I cannot seem to be able to make them save themselves in a pile in lightroom. I have to go to each pictures individually and CTRL+S to save them in there correct file. Do you now how I could save my pictures in lightroom ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines