Exit

Once Photoshop is hidden, it doesn't show back up! [OSX] [2017]

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm working under Mac OSX 10.12.4.

I can't be sure 100% it's because I hid Photoshop CC or I selected another application and chose to hide everything else, but Photoshop CC often won't show back up once it's hidden. The menu at the top is visible, they all work, but no window or toolbar is visible, so unaccessible. If I go in the Window Menu and select whatever in there to show up, it doesn't do anything.

So all that remains to do is save my work, close the application and open it back up.

Would try flushing my preferences, but it's always a pain to put everything back to how I like it, so I just want to know first if this is THE ONLY WAY to solve this problem, or if it comes from something else.

From all the apps I have on my Mac, it's the only application that behaves that way. And I can't really tell how I get this result so I can reproduce it at will.

Have you guys ever met this problem before?

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is even worse on High Sierra, on Sierra it seemed it only occured when using PS actions, and now it sometimes even happens when dragging an image  from the desktop into the canvas for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like in the last update (19.1.1) they resolved the problem, but still touching wood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running 19.1.1. on High Sierra 10.13.3.  I can say the problem is NOT resolved. Still happens randomly.

Quitting PS and restarting my Macbook Pro also does not solve the problem. I can't find any way to get my toolbars and panels back.

Very frustrating, especially because this problem seems to exist for almost one year already without response from Adobe

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, I thought it was in the last update but it still isn't. I also get no replies at all from Adobe, no wonder more and more people are converting to alternative tools like Sketch, at least they have the decency to fix their bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did NOT work for me :

- Hit TAB key

- Quit and restart PS

- Reboot system

- Reset workspaces and toolbars

- Delete Adobe Photoshop plist from system preferences

What worked for me (for now) :

Well, I got my toolbars and panels back in their normal condition by totally uninstalling Photoshop from the Creative Cloud desktop app (including all prefs). After reinstalling the program and restoring my workspace and prefs from a backup, I am again operational.

I am not happy with this "solution" but it works for me and it took me about 5 minutes which is acceptable for me.

However, I am not confident that this will last. If the problem returns I will post it here again.

Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me:

1. quit photoshop
  2. save all files to desk top as p'shop closes down
  3. relaunch photoshop
  4. drag & drop flies into newly launched photoshop

This bug sucks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me, and has done a few times before.

The way I got around it is to put PS in full screen mode, and then get out of it by hitting esc and it brings PS back in to focus. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

its easy resolve, go to windows -> workspace - > click on photography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines