• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only white screen shown when start Photoshop 2020

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start all Adobe programmes including Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator from my office computer, it has not been working at all, which had worked well for a couple of weeks. It shows only white screen without anything as shown in below screenshot: 

error message 1.png

I tried my best to find out the solution, by (1) uninstall all current Adobe product including the Illustrator, (2) install them again, (3) Press and hold "Alt," "Control" and "Shift" at the same time as the program launched, and delete all current settings (4) press print screen to capture (5) uninstall current products and install old version and upgrade it..... all measures I tried, but no vail. 

I desperately need to work Photoshop and other Adobe programmes on my working computer in the officer.  

Thank you for your support. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Solved it with this fix:
Reset your Internet Explorer settings through Tools menu -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab -> Reset Internet Explorer settings section and press the "Reset..." button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you fix it? I have a same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem -- any fix or workarounds? Just installed from Creative Cloud and it launches with a plain white screen. Closing the screen briefly shows Photoshop launch and immediately closes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an Activation issue, if you have seen that dialog box that shows Activation limit reached and asks you to sign out of one device which you no longer use, this white box is that same pop up for some reason it does not load properly.

Please try this :

• Please sign out of the Creative cloud application and exit it
  • Go to Account.adobe.com/profile 
  • On your left hand you will see a bunch of options, choose Active Sessions from the list
  • Deactivate all sessions, once deactivated log out of the account.adobe.com web page
  • Restart your computer and then Launch Creative cloud and log in with your registered email.
  • Try launching the applications and confirm if that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did not work..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same white screen, and I've done everything except sacrifice a sheep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried every possible option out there, 3 times an Adobe "Expert" took over my system, just to watch them repeat the same process I did over and over again (These guys had no clue).
Anyway, the only thing fixing it was to reinstall windows. Quite a hassle to reinstall all software but CC apps work again. This seemed to be the only solution for now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved it with this fix:
Reset your Internet Explorer settings through Tools menu -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab -> Reset Internet Explorer settings section and press the "Reset..." button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jules, this finally worked for me after trying several other suggestions. Really really annoying that it had to come to that. I actually ended up downgrading to the $9.99/month package in the process and I'm going to stay there. Great job Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, it seems that another part of the issue was being signed into multiple devices. The screen that prompts you to log out of another device was the screen that wa coming up as a blank window and preventing access to the Adobe apps. so if you have another device, you can try logging out of that and see if that resolves the issues until Adobe manages to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet Exploerer? I don't use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting white screen on the actual layers in Photoshop and am unable to use the program for anything because each layer appears as solid white. I use Goole Chrome, so no IE to reset. All Adobe programs are having serious lag issues with the mouse unresponsive for several seconds at a time - even on the Adobe programs that are functioning. All after updating the latest releases from Adobe. These workarounds of reloading programs and resetting everything seem really extreme. Is there a way to uninstall the Photoshop update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rebecca24049086qlct 

The issue you have is not related to this thread, try unchecking this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop

2022-04-15 08_45_15-Render2.jpg @ 41% (RGB_8).png

You can revert to a previous version from the Creative Cloud app

2022-04-15 09_06_57-Window.png

2022-04-15 09_07_20-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Internet Explorer?
I didn't even try that. 

PS fix for white screen of death.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my solution that worked for me:

Delete certificates (the correct ones needed)

adobe uninstaller (adobe has seperate app for this, but I didn't really need it just to make sure though)

Updated win10 to latest

go to profile account of your adobe on the web

delete every device at the bottom until all devices are no longer activated

Reinstall creative cloud

Reinstall Photoshop from it

Along those lines it worked for me.  I am so happy, happy as Michaelangelo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO! - This could be a silly fix. I was also getting this white pop-up, which wouldn't let me use photoshop, and if I closed the pop-up, then photoshop would also shut down. 

I sign-out from creative cloud, sign back in, and open photoshop through adobe cloud, instead of the desktop short-cut, and boom it worked. 

Doubt it helps, but it worked for me! - so maybe (?) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines