• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open an image as a layer Photoshop CC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, can't seem to figure it out.  Never had problems on Cs6 and all the online tutorials show images being imported through additional programs.  Could anyone give me a quick rundown on how to open an image as a layer on photoshop CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Trying to decipher your question, do you mean open multiple images into a new image as individual layers as Chuck answered, or do you mean import an image into an existing file as a new layer?  If the latter just create a new layer and do File > Place Embedded or File > Place Linked, depending on your needs.  Resize the image that gets pulled an and apply the transformation.  The image will now be on a new layer in the existing file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just opening an image in Photoshop CC puts the image on a layer. Or am I not understanding your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um no, it doesn't open it as a layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about loading files into Photoshop layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does seem to achieve what I want.  Not sure why they would have it set up like this.  I wish the people who made gimp would take over photoshop.  They design with common sense in mind. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to decipher your question, do you mean open multiple images into a new image as individual layers as Chuck answered, or do you mean import an image into an existing file as a new layer?  If the latter just create a new layer and do File > Place Embedded or File > Place Linked, depending on your needs.  Resize the image that gets pulled an and apply the transformation.  The image will now be on a new layer in the existing file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally thank you. 

Why the hell would they use this kind of lingo?  Do they assume everyone who uses photoshop is a web developer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that the question has already an answer, but I'd like to give my 2 cents to the topic: if you use Lightroom Classic you can select 2 or more shots, right click on one of them, edit in, open as layers in Photoshops.

I think that this is the best way to do it, could be that this is possible also from Bridge, but I haven't it installed then I can't test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines