• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenGL and ICM Color Management

LEGEND ,
May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking into ways to move my plugins to the use of OpenCL and OpenGL to take advantage of the power in modern GPUs.

Specifically, with the Windows GDI, ICM color management can be set up to be done automatically through calls like BitBlt(), and in fact I do this.

Can someone here point me in the right direction to learn how one might best handle color spaces when using OpenGL in place of the older Windows GDI calls?

Thanks!

-Noel

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

OpenGL pretty much ignores color management -- it's up to the developer to manage color before going to GL, or to use a shader to implement color correction inside GL (Photoshop does both, depending on the capabilities of the GPU).

Side note:  ICM is just Microsoft's implementation of ICC color management standards, much like ColorSync is Apple's implementation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OpenGL pretty much ignores color management -- it's up to the developer to manage color before going to GL, or to use a shader to implement color correction inside GL (Photoshop does both, depending on the capabilities of the GPU).

Side note:  ICM is just Microsoft's implementation of ICC color management standards, much like ColorSync is Apple's implementation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  That's what I was starting to infer from the lack of OpenGL and ICC color management information together.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines