• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening An SVG File in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open an SVG file it forces me to rastorize the image. This then removes the layers and makes it a flat image. Is there a way around this? 

I'm using Windows 10 and the very latest Photoshop version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct Photoshop does not have native svg support it a pixel editor not a vector editor. You can Place in a .SVG files as a vector smart Object there will not be any vector or multiple layers for the svg object just a rendering of the svg image is available. However,  when you scale a vector smart object  vector graphics will be use in the scaling process by re-rendering the scaled image  by process the objects svg file.

There is a third Party extension available that is called SVGlayers.  That can Import and export .SVG files. All SVG features are not supported and it performances is not very fast for it implemented via Photoshop scripting.

Its not expensive and you will no get the AI layer names you basicly get shape layer withe sequebcial layer names.

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply and explanation.Very much appreciated 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines