• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening multiple dng files within ACR

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Usually I'm editing in LR but certain files i process directly in ACR and cannot find out how to open 2 files from different folder locations  into the same ACR window so i can toggle between edits on each. This would be useful to be able to do! Im sure it must be possible but not sure how to do this without moving location of files to same folder.. Thanks for any insight. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Adobe Bridge, you can view folder contents and also hide folders at the same time, select multiple files and use CTRL/CMD + R to process into ACR filmstrip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - Bridge seems the way forward and don't tend to use that too often - however i still cannot get files from 2 folders to open into ACR at same time, or in same window - i have to close one image to be able to open another, unless from the same location. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - Bridge seems the way forward and don't tend to use that too often - however i still cannot get files from 2 folders to open into ACR at same time, or in same window - i have to close one image to be able to open another, unless from the same location. 

By @TMPhoto

Works for me...

1) Here are two separate folders, each folder contains a different raw camera file:

01-folders.png

2) Here is the View menu setup:

02-view.png

3) Selecting both files from separate folders, then pressing CMD + R opens them both into ACR in the filmstrip:

03-filmstrip.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Bridge, use the Collections panel. It’s like the Collections in Lightroom Classic: A collection is a virtual grouping, like a playlist. The reason a collection helps here is that it can list media from multiple folders, in the same way a playlist can list music or videos where the original files are in different folders.

So create a collection (you could name it something like “Current Edit Session”), and then keep both the Collections and Folders panels open at the same time. Use the Folders panel to select a folder, then from the Content panel, drag the images you want to edit and drop them into the collection in the Collections panel. Go to another folder and repeat (drag the images you want to edit and drop them into the collection).

When you’re done collecting the images from different folders, in the Collections panel click the collection you made. Now the Content panel shows those images from different folders. Select them and enter Adobe Camera Raw, and now you have images from different folders open in the Camera Raw filmstrip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for explaining this - also a good introduction to Bridge! Will start to use it more now i guess! Cheers! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like you, I usually edit in Lightroom Classic. But Bridge sure has its uses when the work doesn’t need to be or shouldn’t be connected to a catalog, or when you need to work with more file types than just photos and videos (such as Illustrator, InDesign, or After Effects files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines