• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening RAW CR3 files using the Edit with Photoshop in Map Big Sur

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I set the image to use RAW as the default in Photos on my Mac, then I choose the "Edit with Photoshop" option, it opens in Photoshop but as a JPEG file. When I view the info from the photos app on the Mac is correctly shows it as a CR3 file. I am using Creative Cloud and all apps are up to date including Camera Raw. 

This is driving me crazy! I checked the ACR preferences and disabled JPEG but tht had no affect. I must be mssing something. If I copy the CR3 file directly from the SD card and open it with Photoshop, that works. 

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, 

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I advice you to use Adobe Lightroom instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't fully understand. 

When you 'open' (render) a raw from LR into Photoshop, it's not a JPEG or anything until you actually save it. 

Is it also possible that what is opening is the JPEG preview embedded in a raw, due to how 'unusual' Apple stores its data in Photos? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been up before. You're not getting the raw file, you're getting a jpeg generated by Photos.

Don't use it. Use Lightroom or ACR > Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines