Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optimize to file size Automatically

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have to "save for web" the same composition in different formats, but It has to be always under 150kb. So I'm doing research about how to automate this process.

I haven't found anything, so I decided to do a script, but I haven't found the answer in Photoshop Scripting References.

Is there any option to script that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

You could use Lightroom, which allows you to export images (a batch of images) and limit file size at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This subject has been touch one many  time in the Photoshop Scripting forum.  You should search that forum. Photoshop Scripting

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use Lightroom, which allows you to export images (a batch of images) and limit file size at the same time.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If one install Lightroom....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, but I wanted to save for web in photoshop because I have to design in photoshop at work, and I would like to improve my workflow inside it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We aren't saying you need to design in Lightroom, just work with both apps and use their strengths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I will try with both

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Photoshop Script can automate that for you.  It would use save for web the check the save file size and if the size is larger that you want it would use save for web again with a lower quality setting and check the size again. Would repeat the process till the desired file size is saved or the lowest quality you are willing to use is used. It could also message you the output size and quality used.   If you search the Photoshop Scripting forum.  You will most likely find some Photoshop script to do what you want.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?place=%2Fplaces%2F1383833&q=Save+for+web+file+size

like this

https://forums.adobe.com/message/3875972?sr=search&searchId=0881015e-3af1-46a2-bf1e-ce23a6192304&sea...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can design in Photoshop and then import them into Lightroom for exporting with limited file size.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines