Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option to create a Newsletter email with links

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am looking at creating a Newsletter email that could be sent via Outlook with several links inside the design. 

At the moment, I am using Photoshop to do the design, export it as an image and insert the image in the body of the mail. I don't like this option as I can't add several links (if I use the slice tool it doesn't export my design as one image anymore). 

So I have been thinking about all the options I have but it is challenging to know which one will suit best my needs as I don't know much about HTML. 

I could:

- Create the design in photoshop using the slice tool and have one image to insert - Is it possible?

- Create the Newsletter via Mailservice provider (Mailchimp or other) but I don't have as much flexibility as photoshop to create something nice. 

- It is only for internal uses so we don't want to have to pay someone to convert the PSD to HTML every time we want to send some nice coms around.

- Create a design in Photoshop - Export for Dreamweaver - But I know nothing about coding. 

I have opened Dreamweaver and it seems easy to use and make changes with the split screen, but then I am totally lost on how to export this code and how to insert it in Outlook. I have followed several tutorials on how to insert the code in Outlook (via insert as text) but it doesn't work. 

Could anyone Enlight me on what is the most common process to create an email Newsletter - or What would be my best option according to the above?

Thanks 🙂

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If slicing you also should output the HTML code in addition to the image so that the image appears as a whole:

2.png

Here I have set the URL into each slice:

1.png

Here is the preview of the output and HTML code which shows each image combined into a table:

3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sincerely the best option is Mailchimp which is free if you do not send more than 2000 emails a month (not sure of this number). You will be able to use templates, customize them, will manage your recipient lists and over all you will get stats to check your performances.

Going into HTML, slicing and so on require a lot of skills and time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd consider a bulk mailer like mailchimp, there are others as well. Why do a bunch of extra work if you don't have to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML email Newsletters are complex to produce, as others have stated, use something like Mailchimp. Alternatively, if you have InDesign, the Publish Online feature could make an excellent interactive newsletter with all kinds of bells and whistles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stephanie22218162b350 

Give Adobe Express a try! It makes a really nice, fun, interactive newsletter.

https://www.adobe.com/express/create/newsletter

There is a free version to get started and a premium with more features. See the differences here:

https://www.adobe.com/express/pricing

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how does Adobe Express create an HTML version to embed in an email via Outlook? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer is at the link @jane-e provides:

Once your design is complete, hit that publish button. Instantly download your newsletter to send to a printer or print right at home. Share your creation by uploading it to your website, posting it to your social channels, or dropping it into an email.

ETA: I realize technically “embedding” and “dropping” may have different meanings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines