• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Options bar check box doesn't appear when crop tool selected

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been going through the PS tutorials and I find that when I select the Crop tool, the Options bar does not show the check mark to complete the action.  There's a tiny little sliver that if I hover over it just right, I can select it.  The tutorial shows a real check mark.  I can't figure out how to expand the tool bar.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

It does look like the check mark disappeared because the options bar became detached from the window. Michael’s solution should work, but you can also simply re-dock the options bar by dragging it against the top of the document area, and releasing the mouse button when the blue line appears. When it’s docked, it takes up the entire length and the check mark is visible.

Photoshop Crop tool options bar redock.gif

But you should know that you don’t even need that check mark button. You can press Enter or Return as a keyboard shortcut

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you have accidentally or deliberately pulled your Options bar away from the top of the interface. When I do the same I get the truncated options like you. The following should fix it...

Window > Workspace > Reset [Workspace name]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are missing Options bar as already stated above. Reset workspace or show it from Window > Options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does look like the check mark disappeared because the options bar became detached from the window. Michael’s solution should work, but you can also simply re-dock the options bar by dragging it against the top of the document area, and releasing the mouse button when the blue line appears. When it’s docked, it takes up the entire length and the check mark is visible.

Photoshop Crop tool options bar redock.gif

But you should know that you don’t even need that check mark button. You can press Enter or Return as a keyboard shortcut for the check mark commit button, and you can press Esc as a shortcut for the cancel button. Because I like using the keyboard for commit/cancel, I don’t have to move the mouse up to the check mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what I did.  It worked.  I knew I could just use the enter key but then I was thinking, what else am I missing.  Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I can see the "Reset crop box....." left-facing arrow and I can see only half of the "Cancel current crop operation" beside it. That's all. The "Confirm crop selection" tick mark is nowhere to be seen. Windows/Workspace/Reset has no effect and the Options bar has not become disengaged, as per the suggestion below.

Yes, I can confirm a crop by using the enter key or by clicking on the crop preview layer. But, I'd like my tick mark back! 🙂

Seems to be a bit of this problem on the web. I'm not alone. I'm Windows 10 x64.

Thanks.

Denis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the application window wide enough to show the reset/cancel/apply buttons? If the window is already full width, then…

In the Display settings for Windows, has the display resolution been reduced, or display scaling percentage increased? Because another possible cause of the reset/cancel/apply buttons being cut off or not visible is that the display resolution is set low enough, or display scaling percentage is set high enough, that it pushes the buttons at the right end of the options bar off the screen and out of view.

Photoshop-vs-Windows-display-size.gif

Now, it does seem like there is a lot of empty space between the last option and the reset/cancel/apply buttons. I don’t know if there is a technical reason why Adobe leaves all that empty space that allows the buttons to be pushed off the edge so soon. If you think that looks like a mistake on their part, you could submit a bug report in the Bugs section of this community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff,

Thanks so much. Yes, font was set to large. Set to medium now.

Sorted!

Denis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines