• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Out of memory message

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The graphics card that I have is the NVIDIA GeForce RT4060 and is one year old as is the computer.  It has been happening off and on for 4 months.  Very annoying indeed for a new computer (almost).

20240506_112712.jpg

 Thanks,

Paula Brown

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2024 Aug 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering I too have an RTX 3060Ti and a Ryzen CPU, and the other user has a 3060, this is starting to stink like a hardware specific issue.

It's been an issue for a while now and it's really frustrating. Sometimes it doesn't happen for over an hour, sometimes the card cr*ps out with very basic edits applied to a handful of raw files. Definitely a memory leak issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2024 Aug 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, these things are usually hardware configuration specific. I've never seen any memory leaks on either of my two systems.

I think it's time to take a closer look at the AMD platform. It seems to have a disproportionately high rate of problems with Adobe software. I've been following these forums for a long time, and that impression has only solidified over the years.

Why would that be? Well, they're very strictly focused on the gaming market. That seems to be where they concentrate all their efforts. Gaming has very different requirements than Photoshop or Lightroom. Loads on components will be very different.

I've seen quite a few posters who solved their problems by going through all system settings and disabling/resetting everything that seems gaming related.  This includes the BIOS settings, which, after all, is all the motherboard operating parameters. This in turn controls components like RAM and GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines