• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlapping text characters masking/deleting itself?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens with multiple different fonts that I use, but it doesn't happen all of the time for some reason. On certain files it will happen all of the time, other files it doesn't happen at all (all saved as the same filetype, PSD) despite using the same font.

It just began happening on a new font now that I have never had trouble with, and this one in particular would cause me one major headache. Basically, if there are overlapping portions in a font where one character extends into the next (frequently, script fonts) then the overlap section is deleted/masked. The attached screenshot shows better what I mean.

overlap.jpg

Is there some kind of setting that I can alter to prevent this?

Using Photoshop 23.5.1, and this happened with a previous laptop (Windows 10 and 11) as well so I don't think it's necessarily specific to my machine.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshot of entire window with Layers panel expanded and visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a simple PSD test file with the above mentioned issue?

-Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm experiencing the same problem in Photoshop on Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The conclusion I came down to is that it's the font itself - some aspect about it does not play nicely with Photoshop. A handful of fonts do this to me, but only certain characters, and they have been very consistent in replicating the error with those specific fonts/characters, so I assume it is in the font somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines