• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlay colour changing based on background colour

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, so I've come across an issue with the colour overlay feature in photoshop and I'm hoping someone can help. I have a pattern that is on a white background, I am using a colour overlay on the pattern to blanket change the colour to blue (C:100 M:82 Y: 25 K:10). Now even though the colour overlay is set to normal and the colour is showing as the above blue values, it doesn't appear on the screen as that colour. When I use the pipette tool on the pattern it shows that the colour is actually a blue-purple: C:67 M:54 Y:17 K:7, even though the colour overlay function is showing the colour as Blue: C:100 M:82 Y: 25 K:10.

To make things even weirder, when I fill in the background with the blue, the pattern overlay then changes its values and matches the blue background and is no longer the purple values when I check via the pipette too. I have also tested this with varying different shades and each time the overlayed pattern will change its values depending on what background colour has been used. 

Hopefully, someone can help with this as I can't get the overlayed pattern to be the colour I need it to be and it's becoming frustrating. 

Thanks 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid I'm not completely clear on what you're saying in your second paragraph... are you using fill???
BUT - for the first paragraph, please note that by default, the pipette will measure the full combination color measurement beneath it - with all the colors as combined.

Also, to measure the resulting color, I recommend trying it on a stamped layer: https://www.pixeladies.com/stamp-visible-photoshop/

One recommendation, to target JUST the colors you want, may be to use a Hue Saturation adjustment layer. Maybe try this, for a better, more precise result: https://creativepro.com/targeting-huesaturation-adjustments-photoshop/

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines