• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Cursor gets stuck on transform handle in Photoshop 22.5.1 Windows only

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ESC button to drop accidential transformation doesn't get percieved by the app anymore... 

{Edited the thread title by the moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 109 Replies 109
Engaged ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug. 

Adobe Employee , 
Sep 29, 2021

Hi all,

We're sorry for the cursor issue while using transform tool in Photoshop. We have logged this issue as a bug and our engineering team investigating a fix.

Thanks,

Mohit

BUG Investigating

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi—I got the stuck hand tool icon when using Illustrator, using the latest CC on a new MacBook with M1 processor.
Ironically, the hand became freed after logging into this forum and allowed me to alternate between all the other tools, as usual. So, maybe swtiching apps (if not tried already) is a hack solution until the Adobe guys fix the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug still present in 23.0, unfortunately.

Hopefully it'll get fixed in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sc5E72 

Really?  That's really poor! I'm not updating to 23 yet.

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the late 2021 updates, transform is sticking.

I'll elaborate and hopefully you will understand what the issue is:

The Scenario:

I want to select a layer and drag to resize.  I click the layer on the canvas and any mouse movement will adjust the size of the layer... but I'm not holding the mouse button.

I have clicked once and moved the mouse and it is resizing.  NOT clicking and holding to drag.

Make sense?

Also, occasionally; I will click to select a layer and it will move around with the mouse... again NOT holding the mouse button.

Has anyone else had this issue? |  Was there a solution?  |  Do you just get on with it?

Thank you in advance.

Bear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the cursor getting stuck on the transform handles. This is a known issue & our product team is working on a fix.

Note: I'm merging your post with the main conversation we have for this issue. You can follow the conversation for more updates.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was given this link. No solution yet, seems to still exist in the latest
update.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-cursor-gets-stuck-on-transform-handle-in-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to go into too much detail but we are still working on a fix. Tracking down the cause in a complicated trail of mouse/cursor/stylus events that have tons of hand-offs between the software and operating systems has been challenging, AND we don't want to fix it and break something else.  Appreciate the patience.  We'll get the fix out as soon as we can. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also have the same issue Please fix this ASAP

This is very annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.0.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Just updated Photoshop to version 23.0.1 but the problem still persists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 23.0.1 and, unsurprisingly, the issue still hasn't been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've reopened the bug. One of our challenges is that we are having an extremely difficult time reproducing it. We had a specific fail case which I was able to reproduce and which I can confirm was fixed in 23.0.1. It involved Windows Events being processed between the time of the initial MouseDown and the time the Tracker started looking for MouseUp events. The MouseUp Event was processed (and ignored) before the Tracker actually started.

I'll take another look, but I really need to be able to reproduce things. Can I get some additional details from folks on EXACTLY the state of the document, tool settings, and EXACT gestures that you are using?

The case that I was focused on was a document with a single Rectangular Shape Layer (over a default Background layer), with the Move Tool selected, with AutoSelect Layers on, and Show Transform Controls enabled. Rulers were enabled. The single Shape Layer layer was already selected in the Layer panel, so the on-canvas control boxes should have been visible on the Shape Layer in the document view. I then did a "click" on the upper right control box: this does a Left MouseDown followed by a Left MouseUp in short order on Windows.

The expected behavior is to is to initiate the modal transform state, but since it was just a click, not make any actual transform changes, e.g. resize. You would need to commit or cancel the transform at that point, or do some futher transform edits. In all cases, the control point should not be stuck to the mouse (This is the Tracker looking for a MouseUp it will never see).

Can you let me know if your steps are any different? Please be as precise as you can and I'll try to reproduce.

Also - I was only able to reproduce on FIRST launch of the application. After the first "sticky cursor" was cleared, it didn't happen again for me. And that was only about 20% of the time. So, as you can imagine, very difficult to diagnose.

Thanks in advance for any additional clues you can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The steps you followed seem to be in line with the behaviour I (we) are
seeing. However, the problem persists beyond the initial click. Any
reselection of that layer, or selection of another layer results in the
same stuck cursor issue.

With that said, I would be happy to get on a screen share with you and you
can literally watch the behaviour live and we can review all settings and
whatnot together.

Send me a message directly (or email) if you'd like to set up time.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's exactly it! Everytime I click on any transform anchor of the bounding box, of any object, it gets stuck on the MouseDown event and to get it to release, I have to click again.
So MouseDown stays enabled until I click again, then it recognizes as MouseUp. 

If there is anything I can provide to help fix this, feel free to contact me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Before I try screen shares ("Yup - happens for you, but not for me."), I've been thinking about this a bit.

At this point, I'm unable to reproduce the behavior on any of my systems, either with shipping 23.0.1 or a debug build.

My assumption has been this is a timing issue. Can someone who can reproduce this reliably try the following? When you click on a Shape Control Point, try a "slow click" - think MouseDown, hold down for 1/2s, then MouseUp. All at the same mouse position. Do you still get the stuck mouse behavior?

(Note, I'm not suggesting this is a workaround - Just data that may help me narrow the cause. And eventual solution.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CJButler

Yes, when I click on a Shape Control Point, and do the slow click on my mouse, then the control point is not sticky. This is how I've been managing this issue.

Thanks for looking at this again. All the best!

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to the latest version. Thank you sooo much it is working fine for me now 😊 also the Alt + scroll zoom issue is also fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Version of the App) Adobe Photoshop 2021 - Version 22.5.1

(Platform and OS version) Desktop PC with Windows 10

(Problem)
When I click (press and release button) on bounding box corner of smart object, photoshop sometimes misses the release part of my mouse click. Consequence of this is that it is stuck in resize mode even when i am not holding the mouse button down. To get out of this mode I need to right click first (but then the object is already resized because I moved my mouse).
I tested this with two different mice and it happens very often, on 10 clicks about 5 are faulty.
What I also noticed is that if I click and hold for a second and then release the problem is gone.
This behavior started sometimes in last month.

(Expected behaviour)

Click on bounding box of object should select that object and not resize.

Any assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the bounding box issue. Do you mind if you could share some screenshot of the problem or a video? If it would be easy to reproduce the problem at our end and log a bug. 

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mohit,

Here is the link to video capture of this problem (I added mouse and keyboard input overlay so you can see when I press and release mouse buttons and my keyboard strokes):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pzj3OXVR1c1Arc-HpjAIAwetpohSt7nd/view?usp=sharing

First two tries are when photoshop seemingly does not register mouse up event. Second two tries are when I long-press the bounding box corner and the problem does not occur.

Thank you for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @simons52710075 for sharing the video of the problem. Let me share the same with our product team.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're have acknowledged this issue and logged a bug. Our engineering team investigating a fix. You can follow this discussion for the further updates on this issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-cursor-gets-stuck-on-transform-handle-in-p...

We really appreciate your patience with us. 

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines