• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Graphics card not detected in Photoshop 22.3.1 on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I update Photoshop CC2021 to vers 22.3.1 on 4-14-2021. Now photoshop does not recognizes the graphic accelerator.

I have a Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050Ti Graphic card never had any problems before when updating. I had to revert back to vers. 22.3 to make it work again.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-64828}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 in which we have included some bug fixes related to the "GPU not getting detected" in Photoshop. Please update Photoshop to the 22.4 version and let us know your feedback. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 355 Replies 355
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you should know that when there's a 'workaround' + a generic GPU troubleshoot page it means that for Adobe it's solved! They've been doing business like that for ages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're aware of the issue.

Personally, I have no clue why it's working just fine for one person but not fine for another with the same identical GPU. I have full GPU acceleration with my NVIDIA GTX 1060, as do some of my colleagues with different GPUs. Someone with the same exact GPU as mine cannot get Photoshop to recognize the GPU.

Something made GPU preferences go kablooey somehow; maybe the code in the latest build wasn't "tied off," as it were. (But even then, that should mean the bug can be reliably reproduced, which I cannot seem to do.) Resetting preferences sometimes works for some but then it just goes back to not recognizing the GPU. Others have reported success after updating their GPU drivers; others have not after doing the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be a problem with this latest version 22.3.1 (even after installing it several times as well as the graphic drivers), rolling back to Version 22.3 smees to solve the problem... my advice is to stick with the 22.3 version until a new update is available, 

Best, 

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I'm facing the same issue. Only downgrading to 22.3 helped. Just plz don't send links, instead fix it. 

Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042, i7-8565U, GeForce GTX 1050 with Max-Q Design (4GB)

I'll be happy to provide more system details if needed to resolve this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RTX 2060 - the same problem.

Windows is updated, so nvidia drivers.

I'm sure that is Photoshop probem - everything is ok in 22.3 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with my Nvidia Quadro T2000. -> Unknown GPU @ PS 22.3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, same problem here. I'm working with AMD Ryzen 5 4600H and Photoshop does not recognizes the integrated graphic accelerator. With Photoshop Version 22.3.0 everything is working fine. I've updated to the latest gpu-drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryzen 3200g with Vega 8 graphics. Same problem here. 22.3.1 is borked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moin! Try to disable your CPU integrated graphics, as mentioned some posts before. I had the 'Unknown Graphics' error, disabled the integrated Intel UHD630 graphics in device manager on Windows 10 and the RTX 2080 is now detected and works as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a GeForce GTX 1060 card that's not even three years old, and the drivers date to April 29 of this year, and PS 2021 still has trouble recognizing it.  holding down CTRL SHIFT ALT will sometimes get it to recognize the card, but the next time I reboot it forgets all over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same Error at ryzen 3700x + RX6800XT system

other adobe software find my graphic card well but only photoshop can't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I just downgrade photoshop to 22.3 from 22.3.1, everything works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, 22.3.1 does not recognize my GTX 1650Ti.. Cannot use many of my usual functions. This needs to be fixed ASAP. Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me ... 

I reset the settings (delete all files, but with these steps I lost all ... settings, actions, etc ... not a good solution)

But 2 days later and PS say again that the GPU is unknown 😞 so I need to reset all settings every 2 days? 

Now I try to reinstall PS with 22.2 version and wait for a fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Adobe are once again doing a wonderful job of rectifying problems they themselves introduce with their updates (ALLEGEDLY!) Just a hint of sarcasm there. If it were not for the fact that I use Photoshop plugins/actions etc. for my workflow, I would have emigrated long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and an even greater one.  I get a blue screen whenever I edit with the latsest version. I spent several hours with Adobe tech support last night to get it fixed,  It seems Adobe increased their minum performance requirements recently.  Any hardware that doesn't meet them won't work.  If the gpu doesn't meet them it will not be recognized.  Any graphics card that doesn't meet them will cause a blue screen reboot.  Amazing. So I'm paying for a subscription and I can't use any of the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Any graphics card that doesn't meet them will cause a blue screen reboot."

That is not correct. There is a current issue, well documented in this thread, in v22.3.1 with cards that were recognised in v22.2 and even v22.3 not being picked up in the initial GPU check. However, that results in the GPU being disabled in Preferences performance, which in turn gives reduced Photoshop functionality. It does not crash the operating system, in fact the (albeit currently overzealous) GPU check is designed to disable the GPU in Photoshop if it does not meet the spec.

If you are getting blue screens then you need to look at your GPU drivers. In a modern Windows operating system, an application cannot crash the OS, however a driver can.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To avoid the blue screen I had to go back to version 21.2.7.  My GPU was recognized then but I had to uncheck use GPU.  I was told to do this by their tech support.  I have all the lastest drivers.  So 21.2.7 runs without my GPU but the lastest doesn't.  It would seem both versions are using the same drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 Updates 10 22.3.1 later and the problem PERSISTS ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Photoshop 22.3.1 back onto my desktop and noticed my 1080Ti was unknown.

I updated my display drivers which didn't help and I was about to downgrade versions as others have done as well.

I got mine working doing the following:

• Edit > Preferences > General
  • Click Reset Preferences on Quit, click OK, and close Photoshop

After re-opening Photosop, my GPU support has returned.

For reference, the appropriate Adobe article can be found here.

I know it seems too good to be true, but it worked for me and hopefully it might work for someone else. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, and it does work, though when I close again without reseting preferences, it promptly forgets the card is there.

Working from a previous version of Photoshop now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep... I too was excited that the resetting of preferences was the solution, but like you, it didn't "stick".  So I reluctantly did what has been suggested by others.  That is, go to your Device Manager (Windows) and the look at your Display Adapters.  You likely have two... your NVIDIA (or similar) and an Intel UHD 630... DISABLE the Intel UHD 630 (right-mouse click on it and choose Disable).  That should solve your Photoshop problem...it will now recognize your graphics card.  

I hate it that we have to use this workaround to a problem that Adobe created with its latest update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It took a moment to find the Device Manager, which shows how long it's been since the last time I've had to futz around with this, and it worked.

You're right that this is a little ridiculous.  The machine is less than three years old, and still under the service contract, and I updated the drivers on Friday.  We shouldn't have to do any of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines